Author Topic: Sandalak Peasant Mob to Taselak Army: GTFO!  (Read 8076 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Sandalak Peasant Mob to Taselak Army: GTFO!
« Topic Start: December 02, 2014, 09:07:55 PM »
I dont like this. It will make game more static, it will take tool away from warfare, destroying region through looting. You can loot few times then you must run.

Destroying a region through looting—that is, making it a total wasteland—is something I wanted to remove as a possibility. That's why looting is now intended to tank a region's production for a week, then let it bounce back.

As far as preventing looting from doing even that, yes, as I've said, I think it needs a nerf.

It is already few weeks operation to destroy recruitment center, now that peasants defend those too and wield 2 handed swords... looting is the !@#$. I would rather see regions go to rogue more easily than get those elite peasants.

One of the next things on the WIP list is to make attacking recruitment centers work very similarly—you can disable one for a week without too much work, but destroying it completely will be damn hard.

Creating large swathes of rogue lands is an unintended and undesirable consequence of some of the changes that have come in the last few years. I would far, far rather have realms with regions they can barely control along their fringes because they don't have enough Lords for them than big areas of total wasteland that takes RL years to recover and be worthwhile land again.

One of the main intentions of the Looting Overhaul is to make a brief looting raid a real, viable option that can actually do meaningful damage to your opponent. Under the old system, depriving an enemy of a region's output meant sitting there for days or weeks at a time steadily dismantling it. That's much less fun.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan