Author Topic: Peasant Mobs Destroy the Local Economy  (Read 2699 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Peasant Mobs Destroy the Local Economy
« Topic Start: December 08, 2014, 05:56:34 PM »
OK, so... peasant militia.

Apparently there is no hook in the code that prevents the peasant mob from billing the lord for their services. Gwohadda's expenses this week were just a few coins over 2,000 gold! Obviously this needs some adjustment. The lord should not receive an invoice from peasant mobs.

In addition, the militia in Gwohadda demand 576 gold to disband. Will this lack of payment prevent them from disbanding on their own? How long will this disbanding take?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Peasant Mobs Destroy the Local Economy
« Reply #1: December 08, 2014, 05:57:22 PM »
D'whoops. That definitely shouldn't happen.

I'll take a look at that right away.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Zakilevo

« Reply #2: December 08, 2014, 07:53:07 PM »
Oh I thought it was normal for these peasants to bill the lord.

That is why I told the lord of Gwohadda to disband them quickly :o

Thought that's how it worked for years

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: December 08, 2014, 07:57:55 PM »
It has, but I think that with this shift in what peasant militia means, that needs to change.

I need to check into just how quickly they're supposed to automatically disband and go home, too.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Eirikr

« Reply #4: December 10, 2014, 05:53:43 AM »
This'll either be completely dumb or really smart: Could this be the culprit for the low taxes? When is that cost applied?

retipuj

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: December 16, 2014, 01:59:22 AM »
So, a mob of 9270 peasants, of approximately 11k CS, just appeared in Irvington after a looting, leaving only 1 peasant in Irvington who's not in the mob (population of Irvington is now 1). Is this supposed to happen??

EVERYONE in Irvington joined the mob!? Is this even possible? Are we just assuming every man, woman, child and elderly joined the mob?
Corvian Family

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: December 16, 2014, 02:42:05 AM »
I looked at the region information and cried a little bit. Peasant doomstacks make long distance campaigns even more complicated.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: December 16, 2014, 04:22:52 AM »
Obviously a bug. Cone someone post the relevant details in the bug report on the bugtracker?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

retipuj

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: December 16, 2014, 04:57:22 AM »
I've just reported this as a bug on the bugtracker, although it seems highly unlikely that anything can or will be done in time. Which sucks majorly.
Corvian Family