Author Topic: Mark messages to reply later  (Read 5060 times)

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Mark messages to reply later
« Topic Start: December 16, 2014, 02:04:02 PM »
Most of us play several characters at once. Often your read new messages during the day but are unable to answer right away. Sometimes you just forget to answer to roleplay or personal messages, which get buried in the message avalanche. I think we could use a feature that would allow us tag messages we want to not forget reply to later.
How it will work:
There'll be another small button/star icon under each message. When you click it, that message is tagged. When you finally have time for roleplay/verbous letters, you go to "Messages" screen and click an "Ask your squire to bring you the letters you have put aside to reply later" option and see all the messages you have thus previously tagged.
Now you'll never forget to reply to important messages and will have easier time finding them when you've got time to reply!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 02:07:25 PM by Constantine »

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Mark messages to reply later
« Reply #1: December 16, 2014, 02:06:17 PM »
doppelposten
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 02:08:09 PM by Constantine »

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: December 16, 2014, 02:10:57 PM »
...This has been available for well over a year now. There's a little quill-pen icon at the bottom left of each message. Click it, and the background to the quill turns orange. That message is now "marked," and will remain so until you unmark it.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: December 16, 2014, 02:20:42 PM »
Has anyone had much success with this feature using mobile browsers?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: December 16, 2014, 02:26:22 PM »
It still works, but both stars show up at all times. You can still tap the stars to mark and unmark them.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: December 16, 2014, 05:35:05 PM »
Yes! I can see it now!
Why haven't anyone told me it existed?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: December 16, 2014, 06:43:23 PM »
You never asked?

Unfortunately, mobile browsers don't support the tag needed to hide the inactive button. Foundation implemented it as a quick fix a couple years ago. It may be possible to do it better, with more effort.

Eirikr

« Reply #7: December 17, 2014, 06:30:50 AM »
...This has been available for well over a year now. There's a little quill-pen icon at the bottom left of each message. Click it, and the background to the quill turns orange. That message is now "marked," and will remain so until you unmark it.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I thought it just saved them for longer, not actually tagging them for later reply...

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: December 17, 2014, 01:29:08 PM »
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I thought it just saved them for longer, not actually tagging them for later reply...

Nope. Nothing you can do will make messages last longer than 30 days.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: December 17, 2014, 07:17:20 PM »
Somebody with wiki registration please add this information here!

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: December 17, 2014, 08:19:44 PM »
FWIW, if you want to save messages, evernote is a pretty good browser extension and app.

Eirikr

« Reply #11: December 17, 2014, 09:20:44 PM »
Nope. Nothing you can do will make messages last longer than 30 days.

Well, except for copying and pasting them into something else, like Word. (Or Evernote, as Indirik said.) :P

mercury

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: July 09, 2015, 04:07:07 PM »
Maybe instead of a quill that is not intuitive, could it just be text like the other options which says to mark the message?

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: July 09, 2015, 06:34:59 PM »
Unfortunately, mobile browsers don't support the tag needed to hide the inactive button. Foundation implemented it as a quick fix a couple years ago. It may be possible to do it better, with more effort.
Thats not true as I checked the mobile website to see what you are talking about. That is on BM's end as I just use the regular BM site on my phone and it works just fine, its only a problem on the mobile site.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: July 10, 2015, 05:22:53 AM »
That's good to know. I just repeated what i was told about the tag. Situation could have changed since then. If it works on the full site, then there's it can be fixed on the mobile.