Author Topic: Can we unnerf the infiltrator please?  (Read 4359 times)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Can we unnerf the infiltrator please?
« Topic Start: December 24, 2014, 07:26:50 AM »
I know in the past infiltrators got a little OP, but this is pathetically dismally bad. I trained for months and got up to about 30% infiltration skill. I tried killing militia since I have a sword fighting skill of about 60%. I did one medium risk and got captured. I escaped and tried again, this time with low risk, I got captured again. I tried sabotaging production on only the lowest setting, I succeed, then I did it again in the same day and got captured. Finally I cut it back to one sabotage production attempt in a day followed by fleeing the region. Things seemed ok, then I reentered the region and got immediately captured by patrols before I could do anything at all.

This is just way too dismally bad. After months of training I should at least be able to skulk around for a few days at a time doing little bits of damage here and there. I mean lets say I can at best kill two militia a day for five days, that's nothing! An adventurer could pay to replace ten militia. With the class this weak other players don't even have a motivation to run police work to try and catch me because I'm sure to be caught by the NPCs before I even do any damage.

Zakilevo

Re: Can we unnerf the infiltrator please?
« Reply #1: December 24, 2014, 08:10:33 AM »
I know in the past infiltrators got a little OP, but this is pathetically dismally bad. I trained for months and got up to about 30% infiltration skill. I tried killing militia since I have a sword fighting skill of about 60%. I did one medium risk and got captured. I escaped and tried again, this time with low risk, I got captured again. I tried sabotaging production on only the lowest setting, I succeed, then I did it again in the same day and got captured. Finally I cut it back to one sabotage production attempt in a day followed by fleeing the region. Things seemed ok, then I reentered the region and got immediately captured by patrols before I could do anything at all.

This is just way too dismally bad. After months of training I should at least be able to skulk around for a few days at a time doing little bits of damage here and there. I mean lets say I can at best kill two militia a day for five days, that's nothing! An adventurer could pay to replace ten militia. With the class this weak other players don't even have a motivation to run police work to try and catch me because I'm sure to be caught by the NPCs before I even do any damage.

I had an infiltrator with 80 swordfighting and 100 infiltration. Even then I only used low risk. Don't ever try medium or high. Not worth it.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: December 24, 2014, 08:17:24 AM »
I only have these problems when I try too hard. Pay attention to the guards, and you'll be fine. Hell, I've walked into a region and stabbed most of a government, and walked out.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: December 24, 2014, 11:13:19 AM »
The problem is that everyone has bigger units and/or more gold to train skills nowadays.

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: December 24, 2014, 07:54:39 PM »
Misquote
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 07:57:22 PM by pcw27 »

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: December 24, 2014, 07:58:08 PM »
I had an infiltrator with 80 swordfighting and 100 infiltration. Even then I only used low risk. Don't ever try medium or high. Not worth it.

Then why even make medium or high risk an option?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: December 24, 2014, 08:39:07 PM »
This is one of those things that needs adjusted for the current game play style.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

kamandi

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: December 24, 2014, 11:44:47 PM »
My infiltrator just got caught by NPC patrols after doing nothing at all, aside from travelling through an enemy region.

Between this and my Priest, I have two great characters that can do f***-all in actual game play. It's getting to be a big bummer.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: December 29, 2014, 06:12:53 AM »
Yeah, I pretty much stopped bothering with Infiltration when my 80/80 character got caught three times in a row just movng through a region, without doing any infil actions at all.

Zakilevo

« Reply #9: December 29, 2014, 06:37:37 AM »
Yeah. I think infiltrators shouldn't be captured unless nobles are performing police work. Only then maybe infiltrators have a chance to be captured for being from another realm.

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: December 31, 2014, 02:13:24 AM »
A while back there was talk of making infiltrators spy masters instead of lone operatives. I think this would be cool. For all the infiltration actions you need different paraphenalia. Thieves help you infiltrate and rob the tax office, Saboteurs can damage fortifications, sabotage production, burn warehouses ect. Assassins let you kill militia and assault nobles. You get a maximum number of each depending on your leadership skill and they should not be cheap. When you do these actions your paraphenalia can get caught just like scouts can. If caught there's a chance they'll reveal that they work for you. If you're cover is blown the judge gets an automatic option to ban you. The Infiltration skill still determines the success or failure of missions because you're the one planning these attacks. Leadership determines how likely they are to rat you out.

Another thing, infiltrator as a sub class is kinda lame. When you're a warrior or courtier no plausible deniability for why you're in a foreign realm. It'd be so much cooler to be an infiltrator posing as a trader or diplomat and that would make a whole lot more sense.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 09:18:41 AM by pcw27 »