Author Topic: Plans you have for if the war ends...  (Read 42755 times)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Re: Plans you have for if the war ends...
« Reply #15: January 08, 2015, 01:59:02 PM »
Did you try "delaying arrival"? Usually, when you are in-between regions, 1 hour away from your destination, you get to look around, even if it's a sea route.

But indeed, I think we'll need the League to get together to bash at one city at a time, because everyone on their own I don't think any would succeed.

We tried to no avail. Also sailing around to land on another side is not possible

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: January 08, 2015, 03:32:55 PM »
We tried to no avail. Also sailing around to land on another side is not possible

Can you elaborate?

When you attack a region that has overwhelming defenders, you get a report saying what the strength of both sides were, don't you?

And I thought that we could scout ahead of sea routes after traveling halfway?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: January 22, 2015, 12:29:34 AM »
Can you elaborate?

When you attack a region that has overwhelming defenders, you get a report saying what the strength of both sides were, don't you?

And I thought that we could scout ahead of sea routes after traveling halfway?

Yeah for the sea-routes I honestly can't remember what went wrong. Maybe I should send an OOC message to those involved. Or rack it up to Skyndarbau starting to forget stuff :p as for the new sea travel, I think a message comes on preventing you from sailing around to the West of the continent (similar to how the blight worked on BT)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: January 22, 2015, 03:21:19 AM »
Yes, the sailing links to western seas are grayed out with an explanation about an infestation of sea monsters causing the ship captain to refuse to sail that direction or some such.

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: January 22, 2015, 02:31:01 PM »
Ferry routes still work though. Don't they?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: January 22, 2015, 06:16:20 PM »
Ferry routes still work though. Don't they?

Pretty sure they do.

I'm trying to get them checked out, anyways. If you go without a unit, you are pretty sure to get captured by rogue patrols before you find anything useful, however. Bring a few men and some scouts.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: January 22, 2015, 06:32:45 PM »
If you don't bring a unit, you'll get captured by the monsters.

If you bring a unit, you'll most likely get skirmished by the monsters.

If you bring a unit and evade, sooner or later you'll end up in battle with the monsters, lose your unit, probably get seriously wounded, and then get captured by the monsters.

It's not totally impossible to get into the West alone, but the chances of it succeeding for more than a day or 2 at most are vanishingly small.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: January 22, 2015, 09:19:00 PM »
If you don't bring a unit, you'll get captured by the monsters.

If you bring a unit, you'll most likely get skirmished by the monsters.

If you bring a unit and evade, sooner or later you'll end up in battle with the monsters, lose your unit, probably get seriously wounded, and then get captured by the monsters.

It's not totally impossible to get into the West alone, but the chances of it succeeding for more than a day or 2 at most are vanishingly small.

For the time being, the goal is really only to see how many monsters are there waiting.

Getting skirmished reveals defender strength. Avoiding battle by delaying arrival and being on evasive can too.

What's beyond the coastal cities is secondary, really. Candiels, Paisly, Golden Farrow, Eidulb, and Libidizedd are of most interest. Then their doughnuts. Then Libidizedd's rural. Everything else comes far, far behind. The question, for the time being, is really only "with enough dedication, can we get beach heads?"

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: January 22, 2015, 11:50:53 PM »
I don't suppose the devs could just give us an idea of how much CS of rogues per region there is? (mean + standard deviation? ;) )

0-5000
5000-10000
10000-25000
25000-50000
50000-100000
100000-200000
+200000

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: January 22, 2015, 11:55:24 PM »
Can't advies scout?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: January 23, 2015, 12:49:45 AM »
I don't suppose the devs could just give us an idea of how much CS of rogues per region there is? (mean + standard deviation? ;) )

0-5000
5000-10000
10000-25000
25000-50000
50000-100000
100000-200000
+200000

Just mount a decent expedition and find out.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: January 23, 2015, 01:44:28 AM »
Just mount a decent expedition and find out.

Hard to do with a war at hand. Also pointless when a single noble is all it takes to scout a region.

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: January 23, 2015, 01:49:03 AM »
Hard to do with a war at hand. Also pointless when a single noble is all it takes to scout a region.

End the war then. Luria is already moving on (at least from the Southern League).
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: January 23, 2015, 02:01:59 AM »
End the war then. Luria is already moving on (at least from the Southern League).

This. D'Hara and Fissoa just need to accept a return to the status quo (which is short of actually existing, 2 regions are still in Fissoan hands) and you can smash the West as hard as you want! Poor Morek, though.
Ardet nec consumitur.