Author Topic: Plans you have for if the war ends...  (Read 42247 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Plans you have for if the war ends...
« Reply #30: January 23, 2015, 02:18:24 AM »
This. D'Hara and Fissoa just need to accept a return to the status quo (which is short of actually existing, 2 regions are still in Fissoan hands) and you can smash the West as hard as you want! Poor Morek, though.

Despite being in the north, they are still allies. Sadly the consensus is there will be no peace that leaves any of the alliance out. Hell so far as I understand they count as being in the "southern league" perhaps it needs to be renamed. He-man Luria Haters League
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: January 23, 2015, 02:22:38 AM »
Despite being in the north, they are still allies. Sadly the consensus is there will be no peace that leaves any of the alliance out. Hell so far as I understand they count as being in the "southern league" perhaps it needs to be renamed. He-man Luria Haters League

I fully understand that, of course. Only mocking the possibility! Besides, isn't it just called "The League" nowadays? Or we can just name it Dwilight. Perhaps we should attack Swordfell to officialize this war as all versus Luria, just to do it right.
Ardet nec consumitur.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: January 23, 2015, 02:44:20 AM »
I fully understand that, of course. Only mocking the possibility! Besides, isn't it just called "The League" nowadays? Or we can just name it Dwilight. Perhaps we should attack Swordfell to officialize this war as all versus Luria, just to do it right.

I completely endorse these plans

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: January 23, 2015, 02:49:15 AM »
This. D'Hara and Fissoa just need to accept a return to the status quo (which is short of actually existing, 2 regions are still in Fissoan hands) and you can smash the West as hard as you want! Poor Morek, though.

Luria has made no peace offer.

As for ourselves, well... Asking allies and realm-mates to formulate a peace offer is... a lengthy process.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: January 23, 2015, 02:58:13 AM »
Offers have been made to at least one realm. It's hard to negotiate when rulers keep disappearing.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: January 23, 2015, 03:10:41 AM »
Offers have been made to at least one realm. It's hard to negotiate when rulers keep disappearing.

Yea, well, "to one realm" is likely your problem.

If the League allows Luria to beat up on any of its members, then we'll just turn Dwi into a new FEI or AT, where there's a superpower and nobody left strong enough to fight them.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: January 23, 2015, 03:32:41 AM »
The war hasn't been bad to Luria, it is the league that is tired of the war. And, the league has primarily been fighting on Lurian soil since the post-invasion period began. As seen up north, that isn't the case anymore.

So, some members of the League might decide its preferable to come to the table and cut a deal.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: January 23, 2015, 03:35:37 AM »
It's like a lovely game of betrayal, but at the end, the allies you left behind might not be around to confront you anyway.

Oh and Chénier, Luria has no intention of creating a hegemony (unlike, say... The League?). Our little attempt to create a colony in Morek wouldn't have been part of Luria and would have gone their own way. Would have, will. We're not done yet.
Ardet nec consumitur.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: January 23, 2015, 03:42:11 AM »
The war hasn't been bad to Luria, it is the league that is tired of the war. And, the league has primarily been fighting on Lurian soil since the post-invasion period began. As seen up north, that isn't the case anymore.

So, some members of the League might decide its preferable to come to the table and cut a deal.

Are they nobles? Or modern day politicians :)

It is of course possible, and the longer the war drags on the more possible it will become. Right now it appears everyone is united in the concept of no man left behind though.

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: January 23, 2015, 04:02:12 AM »
Are they nobles? Or modern day politicians :)

It is of course possible, and the longer the war drags on the more possible it will become. Right now it appears everyone is united in the concept of no man left behind though.
There seems to be enough interest inside the League for doing anything besides continue fighting Luria that it isn't necessarily so far off.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: January 23, 2015, 04:05:32 AM »
There seems to be enough interest inside the League for doing anything besides continue fighting Luria that it isn't necessarily so far off.

You have not been paying much attention. The league is in general delusional. They want peace, so long as they lose nothing in achieving it. People have a new goal they can not move on to while the war wages, so they are willing to get peace to pursue that so long as it doesn't cost them anything. Pride seems high enough still that they aren't willing to consider a peace agreement were they appear to have lost. We shall know more shortly as the league hashes out what they think a "fair" arrangement is.

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: January 23, 2015, 04:11:20 AM »
You have not been paying much attention. The league is in general delusional. They want peace, so long as they lose nothing in achieving it. People have a new goal they can not move on to while the war wages, so they are willing to get peace to pursue that so long as it doesn't cost them anything. Pride seems high enough still that they aren't willing to consider a peace agreement were they appear to have lost. We shall know more shortly as the league hashes out what they think a "fair" arrangement is.

I completely agree on the League being delusional. Up until Barca was destroyed they seemed to think that victory was right around every corner.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: January 23, 2015, 05:10:46 AM »
I completely agree on the League being delusional. Up until Barca was destroyed they seemed to think that victory was right around every corner.

Well it has to be hiding somewhere, and when we find it Luria will be sorry.

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: January 23, 2015, 07:34:07 AM »
Well, two out of three big campaigns Fissoa has orchestrated were ruined by (in)conveniently springing bugs. And it was pretty disheartening bearing in mind it took RL weeks to coordinate with allies and get to Lurian shores.
Now of course when our King, General, Judge and Marshal ragequit in frustration after the army was suddenly wiped out by freshly implemented and unbalanced peasant hordes we're facing a much less rosy perspective.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: January 23, 2015, 09:43:43 AM »
You are aware that Dwilight is a testing island, where new features are tested first, right? And that BattleMaster, in general, is in a permanent beta state? And that there are abysmally few volunteer developers, all with limited time, to implement, test, and balance new features/improvements or fix bugs? And that, by and large, all it takes is *asking* to contribute and demonstrating a basic level of programming competence that could probably be learned by a minimal amount of online education resources? What I'm trying to say here is that if people want bugs fixed more promptly, we need more volunteers willing to fix them; also that Dwilight is a testing island in a perma-beta game, so there will be inconvenient events for everyone.

As far as the specific militia uprising, didn't you see Morek stomped the week before by peasants in a huge battle report or discuss it with Morek, see any of the forum threads in the weeks before (starting with the War Islands) upon the new looting changes or have any players with other War Island characters mention it within your realm? I'm not sure if the game announcements log was updated before or after Fissoa's landing, but I imagine they were before the sea landing. I have a hard time believing Fissoa had no idea about that.

I assume you meant the travel bug that botched your attack of Shinnen Purlieus as the second inconvenient bug? If so, it was just as inconvenient for Luria up north as we were stuck travelling unable to stop Morek Empire as it looted Poryatown.

Bugs happens. Work through it. That's how BM has been for years and how it will remain. I could very easily count many 'if only not for that bug...or if only that feature had been properly implemented' situations my characters have been through, but they are just that, bug 'ifs'. They are the just part and parcel of the unpredictable environment we live in (or the gods we live under) that sporadically curse and favor us.