Author Topic: Plans you have for if the war ends...  (Read 42188 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Plans you have for if the war ends...
« Reply #105: January 27, 2015, 05:00:00 AM »
How does Morek participating make it a religious war? It is completely possible for them to wage war without making it a holy war.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #106: January 27, 2015, 05:04:40 AM »
There's been a religious component to the current war ever since Morek decided to join the party. Let them declare a religious war, the more the merrier!

A theocracy bringing  a religious component to their actions, imagine that. Still that is a far cry from a religious war supported by all the SA puppet states of the league isn't it.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #107: January 27, 2015, 05:23:20 AM »
How does Morek participating make it a religious war? It is completely possible for them to wage war without making it a holy war.
Sure, it could be possible for them to wage war without making it a holy war. But, Morek has claimed that the war is secular and at the same time argued that the presence of the bloodmoon cultists in Luria represents a threat justifying their war against Luria. in contrast to Morek, Astrum's involvement has been secular at least from my perspective.

A theocracy bringing  a religious component to their actions, imagine that. Still that is a far cry from a religious war supported by all the SA puppet states of the league isn't it.
Heh, I'm not agreeing with Glaumring's assessment. I've never imagined SA to have much influence over D'Hara and Fissoa. Besides not liking Luria, the League nations don't seem to be able to agree on much.

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #108: January 27, 2015, 06:11:18 AM »
And with the thread sufficiently derailed...

If the current war ended, I've considered pausing my character and starting a new character to try out a different realm. But, I might end up taking a break from BM when my son is born in a few months.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #109: January 27, 2015, 06:21:27 AM »
Nobody likes the Bloodmoon Cult.

Nobody likes your opinions either.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #110: January 27, 2015, 11:49:31 AM »
Nobody likes your opinions either.

I like them, though I may not agree with them all.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #111: January 27, 2015, 01:28:58 PM »
I like them, though I may not agree with them all.

I second this.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #112: January 27, 2015, 01:37:17 PM »
There's been a religious component to the current war ever since Morek decided to join the party. Let them declare a religious war, the more the merrier!

Absurd. Morek's ruler offered to let the cultists in and to build their temples in her duchy.

SA is nothing but a big fluffy bunny. Nobody even mentionned the Cult before you guys started attacking SA temples just now, and the war's been going on for quite a while. What annoys the characters most is not the sacrilege of descecrating holy sites, but really the vandalism of undoing costly infrastructure.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #113: January 27, 2015, 01:42:37 PM »
I was quite surprised when the attempt to close the SA temple occurred. All the same, I have been loving the interplay that resulted from it!

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #114: January 27, 2015, 04:25:08 PM »
Well the fact that we have ample nobles to run our religion, roleplay and mythos , plus temples and followers spread throughout Dwilight and have thrived for the last year or so says a lot about ' living under a rock' or 'nobody cares about CoB'. Seems like you guys are the ones out of the loop and unable to adapt. We've been quietly building and recruiting for our own enjoyment that comes from creating something uniquely our own and adds to the texture of Dwilight instead of just mindlessly following SA because 'omg its popular'. We don't care about what SA does , yet we enjoy and respect having it on Dwilight because without it Dwilights a dull place. What I can't figure out is why have such a provincial , insular , closeminded, redneck view of a fantasy game and its potential imaginative dynamics, why should the only reason we do something in Dwilight be because 'omg it'll be so popular it'll beat SA' .

Nevermind the fact that the Dev's destroyed our kingdom at the peak of its power and spread of its religion and forced us to migrate across Dwilight and introduce our religion in a total alien environment from which its rich lore and RP's were founded.

We have created something completely new to add to Dwilight, Chenier has taken a title 'the Dragon king' that has been on Dwilight for years and someone elses idea and recycled it, follows a religion thats been around for years and someone elses idea. Lives in a kingdom named after 'someone elses idea'.

Arent you guys capable of doing anything new or bringing new ideas to the table that is Dwilight?

Btw : Storms keep isnt even Moreks traditional lands, thats Thulsoma, the kingdom I founded when Springdale ran the area , years and years before SA was even in that area. If we want to close a temple in that area its because we have claim to that area. It isnt Moreks , it wont be for long.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 04:30:17 PM by Glaumring the Fox »

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #115: January 27, 2015, 07:35:14 PM »
Well the fact that we have ample nobles to run our religion, roleplay and mythos , plus temples and followers spread throughout Dwilight and have thrived for the last year or so says a lot about ' living under a rock' or 'nobody cares about CoB'. Seems like you guys are the ones out of the loop and unable to adapt.
I said you seemed to live under a rock because of the loads of outdated or just plain untruthful information about other kingdoms you've spilled in our ears. We tried to convey to you what is actually happening but you just don't want to get out of your bubble.
Your posts basically consist of fighting strawmen and being a dick to other players.
Please abstain from this uncalled-for passive aggression, we just want to be your friends actually.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #116: January 27, 2015, 09:13:06 PM »
Glaumring came to D'Hara, only to bitch about how we were religiously untolerant and persecute others...

We have nobles of many faiths, but I don't recall ever having a single noble of the Cult in D'Hara, for as long as the religion existed through game mechanics. Nobody even mentionned the faith in ages... and even when Glaumring came and got himself arrested by patrols, nobody gave a damn about his religion.

That guy, as always, lives in his own little world.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #117: January 27, 2015, 09:43:19 PM »
Glaumring came to D'Hara, only to bitch about how we were religiously untolerant and persecute others...

We have nobles of many faiths, but I don't recall ever having a single noble of the Cult in D'Hara, for as long as the religion existed through game mechanics. Nobody even mentionned the faith in ages... and even when Glaumring came and got himself arrested by patrols, nobody gave a damn about his religion.

That guy, as always, lives in his own little world.

Ummm? Because the last time one of our priests went to D'Hara you executed them. Like seriously, the excuse for executing our priest was that 'they didnt respond' so you killed them, and then constant talk of eradicating the scourage of the bloodmoon fruit and not allowing priests to enter. Maybe if you let us set up a temple there someone from D'Hara would join... Wait a minute? The last D'Haran to join the Cult was Lady Jocelin LeDrake who actually had to leave D'Hara and join the cult as a priestess because of fear of religious persecution. So yeah, no one cares about CoB then why are you so afraid of it?

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #118: January 27, 2015, 09:50:37 PM »
I said you seemed to live under a rock because of the loads of outdated or just plain untruthful information about other kingdoms you've spilled in our ears. We tried to convey to you what is actually happening but you just don't want to get out of your bubble.
Your posts basically consist of fighting strawmen and being a dick to other players.
Please abstain from this uncalled-for passive aggression, we just want to be your friends actually.

If my information is so outdated perhaps I should join Morek and begin building temples in Xinhai and Caiyun because last I checked SA considers us an evil religion and has closed temples of ours in Corsanctum, and most recently in tried in Girich. Why was it ok to close our temple in Corsanctum but not for us in Storms end? Oh I know why because I was told that 'the old lands of Corsanctum are the traditional holy lands of SA etc etc, so the temple was closed' so basically its ok for you guys to say 'omg SA is so weak' when its just a wolf in sheeps clothing.im not being a dick or passive aggressive for pointing out the truth and refuting Cheniers bullspittle. Im defending my ingame faith from blatant lies and OOG slagging.

Even in the darkest days of the war of Kabrinskia we kept our SA temples and had SA kings running Asylon multiple times. So dont even try to pull the 'Glaumring just wants to destroy SA' i've been one of the major players in keeping SA going and interfaith dialogue since day one. We havent always agreed and i've fought hard to destroy the evil corrupt members in SA and if SA is a soft bunny rabbit today I can only pat myself and a few others on the back and say 'we won' we beat SA. Seriously, we even incorporate SA beliefs into our religion, we worship the bloodstars etc, the only thing we diverdge on is that we dont consider the prophet to be the last prophet or infallible. Im hardly the enemy of SA just because I attacked Kabrinskia, which 99% of SA spent whining about until it got attacked and then everyone went about face to rush to support it. Charlatans.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 10:01:55 PM by Glaumring the Fox »

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #119: January 27, 2015, 10:49:28 PM »
Why was it ok to close our temple in Corsanctum but not for us in Storms end?

It's not supposed to be fair. It's supposed to be an opportunity for more war!
After all it's a roleplaying game.