Author Topic: Is Perdan Dying?  (Read 8475 times)

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Is Perdan Dying?
« Topic Start: January 05, 2015, 01:06:04 PM »
I have been in Perdan for 49 days and it often feels like a ghost town. Is Perdan falling apart at the seems? Is it just a quiet community? Am I just not hearing much because I am not in any special message groups?

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Is Perdan Dying?
« Reply #1: January 05, 2015, 02:10:29 PM »
I'm trying to do something (being General), but it has been rather quiet in december. Holidays and stuff, I suppose. My simplest advice would be to join in on the public chatter. For all I know no specific message group is even being used. What's the point in a realm with only 19 nobles? Incorporating everyone into what goes on in the realm is what keeps people interested in the project, so that is exactly what I'm trying to achieve in Perdan.

Besides, silence is a great time for opportunity. I could tell long stories about how I became general of Perdan after being in that realm for, well, a week or two... but I simply told Fiona she had no choice. Or I was pretty much the only one who cared. Now it's just a matter of seeking out war!  8)
Ardet nec consumitur.

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: January 05, 2015, 02:36:18 PM »
I have noticed. I was quite happy to see the general's presence. I have been brainstorming ways in which my own character could liven things up.

He is currently making do as a courtier until he has enough prestige to become a diplomat. Then he will be changing to courtier/diplomat. Shortly after he will be taking the priest class in the Church of Humanity. As you can see his focus is first on religion, second to verbally influencing people and lastly on war/politics.

This is a somewhat new character concept for me and I am not sure how I can whip up fervor within Perdan while remaining true to the character's concept - especially since he is really in the tedious, though necessary,  build-up and preparation phase required to for him to get where he really wants to be. He has been trying to stir some life in the CoH with mild success. Any suggestions on how he can contribute more directly to Perdan?

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: January 05, 2015, 02:40:10 PM »
Simply stating your opinion goes a long way, and will probably be that start of extended involvement in the realm. Not only of yourself, but hopefully others.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: January 05, 2015, 03:13:41 PM »
You are completely right there. I Just need to put more thought into Adamar's opinion regarding such political/war related topics. Something worth taking the time to do!

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: January 05, 2015, 05:08:27 PM »
Seems like East Island as a whole is somewhat subdued from what I have seen and heard... hopefully will pick up again after people stop focusing so much on their lives and families and such... pfft!

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: January 05, 2015, 07:45:34 PM »
Simply stating your opinion goes a long way, and will probably be that start of extended involvement in the realm. Not only of yourself, but hopefully others.

This. I started complaining in Fissoa as a knight, now I'm a Lord, general and trusted vassal of the king.  ;D

Thehatter

« Reply #7: January 06, 2015, 05:34:13 PM »
Female Perdan nobles!!!!! Join the most handsome Gaston in Perleone!!!!

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: January 06, 2015, 08:11:36 PM »
Gaston is all talk...

Thehatter

« Reply #9: January 06, 2015, 09:05:33 PM »
Yes .... Yes he does like to talk. Mostly about himself to other women.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: January 06, 2015, 10:20:39 PM »
Yes .... Yes he does like to talk. Mostly about himself to other women.

Because he lacks the equipment to do more then talk?
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Ser Dreslin

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: January 07, 2015, 01:31:01 PM »
i hope not, i arrived today to Aix, capital of Perdan

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: January 07, 2015, 04:11:42 PM »
i hope not, i arrived today to Aix, capital of Perdan

You hope Gaston has the equipment necessary do something more to the ladies than talk? Does Nathor like to dress up like a lady and tempt such as Gaston?

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: January 07, 2015, 05:00:59 PM »
A pulse would tempt Gaston if attached to the vaguely feminine

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: January 08, 2015, 11:07:30 PM »
Truly, Gaston knows of few boundaries haha! If you play a female character though, you have to admire his persistence!
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.