Author Topic: Is Perdan Dying?  (Read 8477 times)

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Is Perdan Dying?
« Reply #15: January 09, 2015, 01:07:18 AM »
He's a hormonal butterfly in a field of flowers

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: April 08, 2015, 07:05:24 PM »
Well crap. On the eve of war breaking out, Fiona commits suicide, leaving the throne of Perdan vacant. Cool rp, by the way.

It's anybody's guess what happens now.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

« Reply #17: April 08, 2015, 07:51:55 PM »
I believe the re-unification is in order  8)

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: April 08, 2015, 10:07:14 PM »
To be fair, we lost a few players because the realization came that Caligus and Sirion would join against us if we were to attack Vix. This pretty much ensured that we dropped our plans to go to war - something I believe a few had been hoping for (myself included) for a long time now.

For the current status: I put myself forward as ruler, because duh, and I'll look to create at least some form of war. I remember when Darka and Eston fought "friendly" wars, mostly to keep the armies busy. Perhaps I should look into that concept until a real and proper war presents itself. Or I could go harikiri with Perdan. It wouldn't be the first EC realm I drive straight into the abyss. ;-)

Note: just for clarification, when I say "I", I actually mean "we". Because I believe with only 13 characters left, we might as well make decisions together.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Deytheur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: April 08, 2015, 10:49:13 PM »
Are you in CoH Fleugs or you need a new religion to radicalise?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: April 09, 2015, 04:28:00 PM »
To be fair, we lost a few players because the realization came that Caligus and Sirion would join against us if we were to attack Vix. This pretty much ensured that we dropped our plans to go to war - something I believe a few had been hoping for (myself included) for a long time now.
This is a false realization. Perdan going after Vix Tiramona does not automatically mean that Caligus will become involved. And if Caligus does get involved, Eponllyn would step in on Perdan's side. (I've been angling to get this particular war going for months already.) And if it does turn into a 2v2, that still doens't mean Sirion has to get involved. And which side would they join, anyway? Ecthelion has already stated that he has no intention of stepping in to defend Vix Tiramona (Something I had relayed to Fiona.) Even if Caligus got involved Perdan presents no threat to Caligus. If Caligus stepped into the war, and screwed up so bad that Perdan managed to beat down Vix Tiramona, and start moving on Caligus, Sirion would probably just facepalm and make some declaration about how they would step in to stop caligus from being destroyed.

Really, if ytou want to *guarantee* that Sirion and Nivemus get involved, then go ahead and try and reunite Vix Tiramona and Perdan into a single realm again. You'll piss off everyone, and start another island-wide war again.

But even putting all that aside, if you don't get involved in a war, what the hell else are you going to do? Sit around and bitch about how there's no war?

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: April 09, 2015, 05:56:21 PM »
Totally agree.  The set up of the diplomacy of the Island was well known in most channels that Caligus supporting the new realm would have the domino effect of invoking the 'reluctant intervention'   ;) of Eponllyn.  This would largely have tied Sirion and Nivemus in a diplomatic knot being allied to one state on each side of the war.

Fiona has thrown her final curve ball, something for which she had both reputation and a talent and I look forward to what comes next.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: April 09, 2015, 07:37:05 PM »
Well, it seems that I was misinformed then. We'll see where this takes us.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: April 10, 2015, 07:53:17 PM »
Yeah, it will all depend on how Perdan's ruler takes it. It could still go the same way, or it could turn into another north/south thing.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: April 12, 2015, 09:09:55 AM »
For those who are interested;

I got the honour of ruling over Perdan and offered a treaty of sorts to Vix, which proposes the idea of a "limited war", in which both realms would wage one or multiple wars with eachother but each with a very small stake (one region at best). This to ensure we don't go about and destroy yet another realm in another war, but try to offer East Continent new dynamics.

Oh, and I ultimately suggested to Vix that we should buddy up and carve a few new realms out of Sirion and other big realms. Only one-city realms allowed? Only one city-realms allowed. 8)
Ardet nec consumitur.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: April 22, 2015, 08:41:04 PM »
I can indeed confirm that you are not well informed of the policits on the East Island. Sirion had no interest in joining a war against Perdan at all, far from it. But let's see what this new war and politics bring.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela