Author Topic: Open Mic Thread: How do you manage refugees?  (Read 20965 times)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Well, when I came to Thalmarkin as a refugee of Old Grehk with 8 of my knights, I immediately asked to be added to the extended council as representative. I was added and was part of all essential discussions from that moment on. Our arrival saw Thalmarkin's military might bumped from 7k to 13k deployable CS after a recruitment campaign.
I stayed in Thalmarkin as did most of my knights, I became Duke of a stronghold, then the capital and one of my knights was elected ruler for a short while during the invasion.

Now again I'm in Thalmarkin on the receiving end of refugees and the situation is a little more complicated as their "leader" (member of a respected family by all refugees) is the general who lead us through half of the invasion.

But my opinion remains the same: involve them in realm matters, give them opportunities to rise in the realm's ranks and above all: find a common enemy.
That's what we're lacking right now and which we did have when I was the refugee. In fact during the first week in Thalmarkin we raided Ossmat, the capital of Old Grehk which my character "rebelled" against.