Author Topic: Open Mic Thread: How do you manage refugees?  (Read 20971 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
When dealing with refugees, there are really only two options the budding tyrant should ever consider.

1.) Ban them all, execute whom you catch. That will show them, and reduce the size of the problem.

2.) Ban and execute the leaders, make it abundantly clear insubordination will not be tolerated and throw them to the front lines.

agreed, look at the Madinan civil war... refugees from the libero empire rebellion totally wrecked the realm :P
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Come to think of it, there was some guy in Shadovar who tried to take over Sallowtown by his lonesome and failed. Then he got banned by Edelstein. Was it Hericus? For some reason I think it was Hericus.

But that goes to show, those people on the islands have been trying for Sallowtown for a long time, intermittently though.

That was Bowie. Hericus was literally banned within 2 minutes of joining the realm. I don't know what the hell he was thinking when joining a realm I was judge of, my family stopped !@#$ing around when it comes to his a long time ago.

Military action against Shadovar was required because the last city of a realm can't switch allegiance, and because that city was blocking a few more regions from joining in. Some in Shadovar just didn't want to leave prematurely but offered no resistance. Mathias seemed kinda sore to lose rulership, but came in when Shadovar died because he was just powerless to do otherwise, imo. Power crumbled from underneath him because the judge was stupid enough to ban a duke strong enough to conquer the rest of the realm, without asking the ruler for permission.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron