Author Topic: Open Mic Thread: How do you manage refugees?  (Read 21124 times)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Or make yourself their best friend, their sympathetic ear, the one who helps them get on their feet, get that little bit of extra gold when they need it...And use them to take over the realm.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
Note to the budding tyrant: Kill that guy ^
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Note to the budding tyrant: Kill that guy ^

Probably a good plan, admittedly...
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
Probably a good plan, admittedly...

A modern-day Mordred, if you will...

Imagine all the trouble I could have saved BT if I'd found a way to kill him off? ;)
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Thunthorn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
You can always welcome them into your realm and fight a five year war with all your neighbours to give them back their homeland...
EC: Ilias, Taelmoth (Sirion)
Beluaterra: Ivagil (Melhed), Thoron (Adventurer, Fronen)
Atamara: Haniel (Adventurer, Coria)

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
You can always welcome them into your realm and fight a five year war with all your neighbours to give them back their homeland...

I've always found the idea of reviving dead realms to be extremely distasteful, in no small part due to Tuchanon and its dozen or so incarnations.
The Stefanovics live.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
I've always found the idea of reviving dead realms to be extremely distasteful, in no small part due to Tuchanon and its dozen or so incarnations.

I want to found a Tuchanon. I have never been connected to any incarnation of Tuchanon, but I still want to do it. Just because.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
I want to found a Tuchanon. I have never been connected to any incarnation of Tuchanon, but I still want to do it. Just because.

Having killed the first two personally.  Ok I had a realm to help me do it, good riddance.  I even gave their old king a Dukeship to get him to surrender quickly.  Don't trust a Tuchanite.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
A modern-day Mordred, if you will...

Imagine all the trouble I could have saved BT if I'd found a way to kill him off? ;)

Indeed, I had to settle with killing the realms he had his fingers around and getting his family blacklisted if not utterly banned in a whole bunch of realms, notably on Dwilight. Seems that managed to drive him into hiding, though, but a quick clean death back in the days would have changed history quite a bit...

Mind you, Mordred's move to get his hand on RoF was not refugees, but rather advies he and his buds ennobled. Cheap, but clever. Didn't see it until it was too late.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile

It's battlemaster. All reasons to make a war are good reasons!
Ardet nec consumitur.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile

I honestly can't think of a reason for people finding it distasteful. If it's the same guys wanting to get the glory of old back, why not?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I honestly can't think of a reason for people finding it distasteful. If it's the same guys wanting to get the glory of old back, why not?

I think it's cute, in a Quixote-esque sort of way.

Silverhawk

• Knight
    • View Profile
In the case of a hyphotetical situation of a realm containing 20 nobles and 8 new nobles arrive, all from the same old realm. Then I would say take them in, but don't trust them at all.

It crushes any stability in politics, especially if you would have a election with each noble having equal votes. Thats 40% extra votes available. Old nobles will look at the newcomers, but thats just my oppinion, with great distrust. These 8 refugees could suddenly be, if they would stick together, a political force on there own. I would find it very strange if they would be accepted in a realm without any struggle.

one or two refugees are much easier, as they are less of a threath to the political situation of a realm.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; In practice, there is.

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
How many realms have actually been successfully resurrected in BattleMaster? For the most part it seems once you're gone, you're gone and it's impossible to get back. That said, I'd like to think Ashlanteans are different. For the most part when I've seen other sets of refugees you see two or three who don't really talk to each other, aren't all that friendly. They just move on.

Religion has been a good gel for the Ashlanteans and unlike a lot of realms, we had alot of old players who stuck together for a very long time. Maybe there was something in the water there, I don't know. But something about ASI was sticky and there are alot of us still kicking about so I really do hope that one day we get a kingdom back somehow!

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
How many realms have actually been successfully resurrected in BattleMaster?

Tuchanon (six or seven times), Hetland (reincarnation of Plergoth), Coimbraheim (I... think?), and now Old Rancagua. There may be others.
The Stefanovics live.