Author Topic: Modify RealmID  (Read 7540 times)

Ser Dreslin

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Modify RealmID
« Topic Start: January 06, 2015, 08:07:51 PM »
Hello
i want to modify http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Fallangard (adding the capital for example)  but i can't edit it because the info is chained to the realmID

how can i access to the realmID and modify the info
Thanks in advance

Zakilevo

Re: Modify RealmID
« Reply #1: January 06, 2015, 08:59:08 PM »
Why would you want to modify the realm ID?

Ser Dreslin

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: January 06, 2015, 09:47:11 PM »
i would like to update the info inside, Fallangard have a capital (Hamadal i think) and the wiki shows no capital
thats all  :P

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: January 06, 2015, 10:10:24 PM »
i would like to update the info inside, Fallangard have a capital (Hamadal i think) and the wiki shows no capital
thats all  :P

The realm ID is the wiki's link to the game data. So long as the correct ID has been used, it should automatically gather all the relevant data for the realm.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: January 06, 2015, 10:21:44 PM »
You need to add the correct semantic tag to the region which is your capital. The wiki will then be able to automatically find it and use it where appropriate. I believe the correct tag is [[capital of::Fallangard]].
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: January 06, 2015, 10:24:27 PM »
You need to add the correct semantic tag to the region which is your capital. The wiki will then be able to automatically find it and use it where appropriate. I believe the correct tag is [[capital of::Fallangard]].

The problem here the realm is listed as lost, and the region is listed as belonging to Caligus. If this is not the case I can update the wiki but like I said, I don't play on the continent so I know nothing about its current state.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: January 06, 2015, 10:34:35 PM »
Fallangard owns Hamadan, and the realm page looks right now. The realm name was recycled from a previous realm of the same name from long ago.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: January 06, 2015, 10:46:55 PM »
Fallangard owns Hamadan, and the realm page looks right now. The realm name was recycled from a previous realm of the same name from long ago.

That is because Sir Dreslin has hard coded that info now, though looking at the infobox used, I think it is the old one where that was the only way to update it anyway. Should the wiki now have two pages? One for the lost realm and one for the re-founded?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: January 06, 2015, 11:14:19 PM »
There should be a page for both versions of the realm. I think that the policy was to move the old realm page to something like Fallangard/Old or something like that.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: January 06, 2015, 11:26:04 PM »
As the current page seems to mostly deal with the current realm, I shall remove it from the Lost Category. I will look at the page history and see if a suitable old edit can be used for the lost realm page, and I have updated the page of Hamadan to have the correct semantic tag and remove the Caligus region box.

Ser Dreslin

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: January 07, 2015, 02:09:19 AM »
Much obliged
I learned today that Fallangard were two things, a defunct kingdom and  the current (resurrected maybe)
I started playing yesterday and as a way to contribute, wanted to upgrade a little according to current information the wiki of the kingdom that support, and I heard the story sniffing around

i changed and updated the info using another official infobox
Thank you very much :)