Author Topic: Attack on Sasrhas!  (Read 62999 times)

Qyasogk

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Attack on Sasrhas!
« Reply #120: February 22, 2015, 07:11:22 PM »
Well, it seems my extended absence from these forums has meant I missed out on quite a conversation... It's quite an interesting example of extreme diplomatic myopia.

Let me first repeat Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice what can be explained by incompetence." or some such.

It seems many of you have been rulers of your realms for a long time. You are experienced rulers, you've seen how it's been done in the past, and you have expectations for how things will be done in the future.

The Queen of Coralynth, is a new ruler of a relatively isolated realm. Inexperienced rulers make mistakes (and this is not only my first character I ever created for BM, but also my first character to ever become a ruler.)

What you all see as a dishonorable sneak attack gangbang against a defenseless Ohnar West. What actually happened was two realms who'd never fought a war together without Emperor Arcaea orchestrating every battle, totally bungled it up. Sorraine was impatient for the attack and had arrived too early. Coralynth had mostly new nobles and had trouble keeping all the noobs moving together. The attack was supposed to happen, but we were uncoordinated and had to retreat and try again. The Taikun meanwhile wais wailing about the invasion, but we'd already ordered a retreat. It was a cluster!@#$.

Oh, but the cluster!@#$ had only just begun. Those who complained about the so-called gangbang (2 on 1 is not a gangbang, you guys) eagerly all joined their own gangbang against us, led by the Arcaean behemoth, which our entire existence we'd been valiantly defending and supporting.

So to a point, to defend a so-called defenseless realm (that won all its battles against us), Arcaea now has set its sites on us, a realm only slightly larger and less defenseless than OW.

It's amusing that Baranion's view is that Sartanians must be stopped from dominating FEI.... when what is actually going on is that the Sartanians are in a real danger of being exterminated across the continent.

So just to reiterate the point: Everyone keeps saying that Coralynth is dishonorable because we launched a sneak attack. But that's not what happened. I was all set to declare war, when we (Sorraine and Coralynth) bungled our movements. When we finally did declare war, we did so a full day before our forces arrived.

That we've payed for all of this by losing a region, losing our most trusted friend and ally, and even our relations with Sorraine are fraying do to the REAL gangbang against them....

All that said, as a player, this is the wildest and most unpredictable time I've had playing on the FEI since I joined. The stakes are huge, the drama high, the betrayals brutal....

If my other players like Chenier had stuck out the brief lull, they'd really be having a great time right now.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 07:16:02 PM by Qyasogk »