Author Topic: Attack on Sasrhas!  (Read 62905 times)

Kainaq

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Re: Attack on Sasrhas!
« Reply #135: February 24, 2015, 11:28:48 PM »
My criticisms of Dawn are primarily for what she did to Cathay and Zonasa, none of which has anything directly to do with the state of Arcaea today. I'm quite happy, IC and OOC, with Claudio's secession. I only know through hearsay what's happening inside Arcaea, but it seems to me that it's also likely to result in a more interesting FEI than otherwise.

Dawn did nothing to intentionally harm Cathay or Zonasa (all i wanted to do was prevent the annihilation of Sorraine...), you make it sound like she ordered terms (she didn't, i rechecked the letters) you didn't see them due to being offline for three days, then cited issues with it

There are several problems here, but from where I sit, it looks like the biggest one is that you assumed that because Velax was Emperor, and Dawn is his successor, Dawn gets to dictate what other realms of the Empire do unilaterally.

Velax never operated that way, so this felt like a serious slap in the face.

Problem with this statement is that Dawn never dictated anything.  Other rulers asked if Dawn would give greater clarity on what Arcaea would support.  When initial drafts were made, i received letters from both Cathay and OW and they seemed satisfied, Zonasa remained silent.... and continued to remain silent when the final draft was proposed and after a few days presented.  It genuinely pisses me off that you try to make out that i was giving orders when that just wasn't the case.

You sent out a draft on a weekend, which any BattleMaster player of longer than 3 months should know are times of lower activity   
Its no secret that a ruler/generals tend to have to be alot more active, (as such i made an assumption that you had no opinion either way on it).... they have to be otherwise they would be ill suited for the job.  Hell i believe we even had a ruler step down recently for this exact reason....   Bm is a light weight game, i have spent more time writing on the forum today then i have actually playing BM. 

Please never call someone a liar unless you have a strong reason to believe that they are telling deliberate falsehoods.

Dawn mishandled both her allies and her Duke pretty abominably  This is a highly weighted opinion at best

Arcaea seems to be doing some fence sitting right now.   They aren't helping their ally OW.   They won't sign peace with the Grand Duchy which is keeping the Grand Duchy and Zonasa out of the war.   Seems they are really screwing  things up.   One would hope they would !@#$ or get off the pot...    

This was taken from the "is this the next big war thread", this was an out right lie.

I don't pretend to know everything that went on within Arcaea leading up to the secession, but it's painfully clear that you mishandled him. I was in communication with Claudio intermittently throughout, and there wasn't the slightest hint of him being dissatisfied with Arcaea until you tried to deny his right to secede at the time of his choosing.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHHA ........  During Claudios election campaign he was accused of being a "succession happy duke" by another noble.  In response he promised that he had no plans to secede.  The day after he lost the election i received a letter saying that he plans to secede and that plans were well under way.  I wonder if he chose to hide this little tidbit of information from Baranion :P

His duchy would still be part of Arcaea now if you had handled that situation properly.

His duchy being part of Arcaea was no longer relevant.....  he had effectively taken all the nobles in his duchy out of the military chain of command and had the doing their own thing.  They were contributing nothing to Arcaea.  As a result Arcaea didn't actually lose anything when they left.

But you say this as if it doesn't even matter that you might possibly have done something not-quite-perfectly, and then continue to basically insult me, as if the whole situation was something I schemed up to upset you.

If players are throwing less then subtle insults in my direction both IC and OOC... shockingly i tend to throw a few back