Author Topic: Attack on Sasrhas!  (Read 62864 times)

Qyasogk

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Attack on Sasrhas!
« Reply #135: February 27, 2015, 02:58:05 AM »
I'm sorry, but that's a lawyer's response. Just because the words you wrote were technically true doesn't mean they weren't intentionally deceptive. It was obvious to everyone on the continent that Coralynth was planning to join the war against Ohnar West, even though it was already apparently outmatched by Sorraine.

I'm sorry you feel that a factual statement is a "lawyer's response". If it was obvious to everyone what Coralynth was going to do, then why would we bother with deception?

That you believe Ohnar West was "outmatched" is part of the problem, they weren't. We all have so few nobles, that none of us, except Arcaea has the strength to really assault any of our opponents cities. Furthermore it didn't stop you from joining in the war against Sorraine and Coralynth, even though we're already "outmatched" by Ohnar West and Arcaea. If what we did is wrong, then what you're doing is wrong also.

If you wanted to be seen as honourable, you could have tried declaring war before the last possible second. Like, for instance, Baranion did.

A declaration of war isn't just a mechanical thing that lets you attack people you want to attack, you know. It's also a formality that declares your intentions.

As I said, we declared a full day (two turns) before our attack took place. That you believe otherwise is also part of the problem. Furthermore, how your realm declares war is up to you. My queen had never declared war on her own before, and didn't know the "league of rulers" in the Far East had expectations about what a ruler should or shouldn't do before declaring war. Using her inexperience as a prelude to destroy her realm seems a bit much... and hypocritical.

They have, but I don't think Coralynth can really take much credit. Dawn mishandled both her allies and her Duke pretty abominably, and now, from the sounds of it, the internal strife is pretty much over Sartanism.
Nothing to do with Coralynth.

There's not really much to gain from disabusing you of this notion, so I will let your assumptions be.