Author Topic: Attack on Sasrhas!  (Read 62733 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Re: Attack on Sasrhas!
« Reply #15: January 10, 2015, 02:24:48 AM »

To be brutally honest, yes. At least the past year, if not more, was excruciatingly boring. All we've been doing for quite a while is going through the motions. We marched where the Emperor told us to march, when he told us to march there. We attacked when we told to attack, and went home for refit when we were told to refit. I finally got into what I *thought* was the top of the command structure where I *thought* decisions were being made, and got a big surprise. Oh look, all the orders and strategies are dictated by the emperor himself, with no discussion or consultation with his allies. All of Arcaea's allies were being handed explicit orders with no opportunity to contribute to the war effort.

Did you try to contribute to the war effort? Did you put forth your own ideas about what you thought should be done? Not once, ever, has Velax dictated that everyone will do exactly as he says and will brook no opposition. Yeah, by the time you became General only a crippled Cathay was left and there wasn't much left to do, but for most of the war before that there was plenty of chance for input. Discussions and debates were had. Strategies were changed based on input from the rulers and generals - just ask Baranion. He and Velax had more than one disagreement about the way to proceed, and at least once Baranion's way won out.

If you thought your only option was to do as you were told and never made the effort to do anything different, then that's on you. I can't force people to put forward their opinions; all I can do is give people the opportunity to.