Author Topic: Attack on Sasrhas!  (Read 62607 times)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: Attack on Sasrhas!
« Reply #30: January 12, 2015, 10:04:14 PM »
Had Coralynth and Sorraine declared war on Ohnar West and then marched, I don't think Arcaea would be mobilizing right now.  Moving under a banner of peace and then declaring war is the kind of despicable act that motivates all kinds of people to put aside other objections to fighting.

Regarding the Order of the Hawk, by the way, Jenred absolutely made sure the provisions had teeth.  I can recall two nobles fined, and one banished from Arcaea itself, and recall similar incidents with various Arcaean allies where Jenred made it clear there would be consequences to the violators or he would switch Arcaea's side in the war.  During the Aenilian war we conducted a field execution of one of the Duke's units after the player misclicked and used one of the forbidden looting options.  To be clear, this was a Duke, with over a hundred men, during an active war, while we were sitting in Larmebsi conducting a takeover, who had to disband his troop and RP an execution of them for violating his orders.

There were at least two occasions where Jenred arranged food "sales" for one gold per hundred bushels as recompense for unauthorized looting.

And I can't tell you how many times Jenred and Velax got into arguments about some of the restrictions that Jenred ended up settling by royal fiat over the protestations of his General and most of his Marshals.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"