Author Topic: Attack on Sasrhas!  (Read 62718 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Attack on Sasrhas!
« Reply #60: January 14, 2015, 02:41:48 AM »
Wait, what?

If memory serves, weren't you all on Arcaea's side during the war (Antonine excluded, sort of)? Now you think Arcaea overpowering everyone is a bad idea? Obviously I wasn't a fan of the empire model, and I've butted heads with Velax a few times, but he didn't do this by himself. None of you did anything to stop Arcaea dominating when it served your characters, and I don't want to hear that it wouldn't have made sense IC if you're telling Velax that he as a player needs to consider the island dynamic over his own IC agenda. I apologize if I'm coming off as a jerk here, and I don't disagree that Arcaea's size and influence is a the problem for FEI, but I am going to say that you really don't have a right to complain about the state of things when you knowingly contributed to making it that way.

Okay. Rant concluded. Going back to the happiness that is SI.

You realise that there is a difference between the fun of establishing a situation (arguably forming an empire was fun for many people) and the fun of then maintaining the system? The empire model also an aside of the actual conversation, which is relative power of realms. Even without the empire Arcaea would still be in a dominate position that arguably lessen the fun for the rest of the continent.

You also miss that Delvin isn't telling Velax what his objectives need to be. Velax listed his own objectives which was making some OOC decisions in order to shake up the continent, IE generate fun and interest. Delvin merely pointed out that his objective to achieve that is hindered by his also valid objective to maintain Arcaea as is. In other words his second objective, is in Delvin opinion, doing more to destroy the chance of achieving the first, then any action Velax may take to counter the second objective. So it is a matter of priorities, Velax is certainly entitled to focus on the fun of Arcaea first and foremost, but when it comes at the cost of fun continent wide, you will understand people will then take issue with him also claiming to be working to increase fun continent wide.

Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.