Author Topic: Attack on Sasrhas!  (Read 62780 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Attack on Sasrhas!
« Reply #60: January 14, 2015, 03:29:32 AM »
Arcaea's been the biggest, baddest realm on the Far East for more than five years now. What, exactly, has changed now that it's suddenly creating boredom and stagnation when it didn't before?

There's no one left on the continent who's actively seeking to oppose Arcaea. All the Free Realms have either been destroyed, or surrendered to the Empire. I'd say that's a pretty big difference.

So to increase your fun, I should reduce the fun of the 30 other players that my character is directly responsible for? No. It isn't my job to make things interesting for your realm. That's your job. I'm doing my best to make things more interesting for the Far East, but I'll be damned if I cripple my realm and the fun for the players of Arcaea.

First of all, not just mine personally, but that of the other 50 players on the continent.

Secondly, unusually enough, I agree with GundamMerc. Just because you're doing something that's not in the best interests of Arcaea as a realm doesn't mean that the players in Arcaea will be having less fun.

Finally, I wouldn't even be talking about this if you hadn't just come on the ruler channel and the forum speaking strongly OOC about the virtues of adjusting your plans and playstyle in order to increase the fun for the entire continent. Like De-Legro said, if that is an objective of yours, you need to at least acknowledge that it is in direct conflict with your other objective of maintaining Arcaea's power, even if you then decide that maintaining Arcaea's power is more important to you than maximizing the fun of the Far East.

(And I should certainly add, it's not like that would put you in some kind of exclusive club. I've never sacrificed a realm I ruled for the fun of the continent, either, nor do I know offhand of anyone who has...but then, I've never been the ruler of the single powerhouse realm of a continent in a time when that continent was in crisis. If I was, I can't honestly say what my decision would be.)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 03:50:10 AM by Anaris »
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan