Author Topic: Attack on Sasrhas!  (Read 61681 times)

Hyral

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Attack on Sasrhas!
« Reply #60: January 14, 2015, 06:09:10 AM »
But again you miss the point. While people might not like our FEI has turned out, that is hardly a unique thing.

No, I agree that it's not a unique thing.

Continents often evolve in a way that many dislike.

Because we allow a nonsense mindset like that of this case to inform our decisions.

Personally it doesn't bother me about the Empire.

I don't have a horse in that race anymore. The reaction to it, after everything, is what's killing me.

I simply attempted to explain that you are viewing the complainant from a odd trajectory.

I recognize that it may be an odd objection, but to me this issue is the embodiment of some festering core problem in our approach to gameplay and the reason that hardly anyone is happy with anything despite the fact that we control everything. And I am going to rage about it!

Please, you show a complete lack of knowledge regarding the history here. There was a time when OW was the ONLY realm allied with Arcaea in bringing this about, Cathay was neutral, Kindara likewise and every other realm was united against Arcaea. Arcaea was fighting a war on two fronts and just managing to hold off loss of land. Plenty of people over the years attempted to fight against this.

You know I was in Arcaea/the Noca with you at that time, right? And Kindara. I'm not talking about the entire history of the FEI here. I'm talking about when people all over started really whining about Arcaean hegemony around the hearthright war, and then decided that the best course of action would be to...side with Arcaea. And now nobody who's left likes the playfield and Arcaea should break up for the sake of everyone's fun. That's insane. If people didn't want them to win and continue to be this dominant they should have done something other than help them win. Could they have succeeded? Who knows! But that's how it works. You don't get to expect the result of going to war against a realm and the result of allying with them to be the same in the end. You don't get to expect a dominant realm to downsize regardless of whether or not you put any effort into making it smaller.