Author Topic: Attack on Sasrhas!  (Read 62769 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Attack on Sasrhas!
« Reply #60: January 14, 2015, 06:13:32 AM »
No, I agree that it's not a unique thing.

Because we allow a nonsense mindset like that of this case to inform our decisions.

I don't have a horse in that race anymore. The reaction to it, after everything, is what's killing me.

I recognize that it may be an odd objection, but to me this issue is the embodiment of some festering core problem in our approach to gameplay and the reason that hardly anyone is happy with anything despite the fact that we control everything. And I am going to rage about it!

You know I was in Arcaea/the Noca with you at that time, right? And Kindara. I'm not talking about the entire history of the FEI here. I'm talking about when people all over started really whining about Arcaean hegemony around the hearthright war, and then decided that the best course of action would be to...side with Arcaea. And now nobody who's left likes the playfield and Arcaea should break up for the sake of everyone's fun. That's insane. If people didn't want them to win and continue to be this dominant they should have done something other than help them win. Could they have succeeded? Who knows! But that's how it works. You don't get to expect the result of going to war against a realm and the result of allying with them to be the same in the end. You don't get to expect a dominant realm to downsize regardless of whether or not you put any effort into making it smaller.

Sure you can. We are all players of the game and ideally when the game has the player base problem it currently does you can expect long term high profile players to perhaps take a game wide view based on the current situation. We can not really afford for yet more continents to stagnate just because the dominate power is having fun, regardless of how the dominate power came to be. You can't FORCE them to, but you can certainly put across a point of view that prioritises this, especially when the player has expressed that such a thing is one of his goals.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.