Author Topic: Attack on Sasrhas!  (Read 62866 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Attack on Sasrhas!
« Reply #75: January 14, 2015, 03:38:33 PM »
What really makes me disappointed in you, Velax, is that in all of this, you just keep on talking about what it will mean for what you've built, for Arcaea, if it splits up.

And let me be very clear: I am in no way suggesting that Velax de Vere should personally advocate an IC course of action that leads to Arcaea splitting up. Baranion's certainly not going to suggest that Arcaea splitting up is a good idea, either; after all, without Arcaea's friendship, Zonasa is still a pretty small, weak realm, likely to get jumped on by multiple other realms on the continent.

I am saying that Eoghan Barry, the player, should, at the very least, acknowledge that doing so would increase the overall fun of the Far East Island significantly. I am saying that, furthermore, you need to seriously consider just what it is that Arcaea plans to do right now, because like De-Legro said, pretty much any action Arcaea tries to take will result in either instant capitulation, or a faceroll. No one wants to fight the ten-ton gorilla. I am saying that you need to consider to what extent the best interests of the realm—as in, its power and survival—are actually congruent with the fun of its players.

If you can find a way to make the Far East Island dynamic and fun without breaking up Arcaea into multiple realms, I am all for that. I'd be happy to hear suggestions. (Hell, if you don't want to state anything publicly, I'd be happy to hear "I've got a plan, just give me a few days/weeks/months." After all, that's pretty much my response to Hyral here—and what I've said repeatedly when people ask me what I'm going to do about the future of the FEI.)

But just saying, on the one hand, "Hey guys, I'm trying to make the FEI more fun, so don't just stop fighting when I speak up," and on the other, "I'm not going to even consider doing anything that would reduce Arcaea's power, no matter what that means for the fun of the continent," sounds more than a tad hypocritical.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan