Author Topic: Attack on Sasrhas!  (Read 61775 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Attack on Sasrhas!
« Reply #105: January 15, 2015, 02:13:15 PM »
That's about as many as coralynth or ow and I'm sure they have a lot more regions to manage. Do it!! You'll probably attract more nobles. And definately ssmake some more fun.

Having so few nobles, and thus no prospect to do anything meaningful, is part of why I left Coralynth with a couple other nobles. That and the gangbang mentality.

Having so few nobles is not enviable. I would definately not do it. Even IVF, when I formed it, had more nobles than that... and it was way too small.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106: January 15, 2015, 04:10:47 PM »
A better secession would include Talex and Topenah in my opinion. That should have a better number of nobles and be more viable. Plus it would balance the continent more.

Eirikr

« Reply #107: January 15, 2015, 09:07:53 PM »
(And I should certainly add, it's not like that would put you in some kind of exclusive club. I've never sacrificed a realm I ruled for the fun of the continent, either, nor do I know offhand of anyone who has...but then, I've never been the ruler of the single powerhouse realm of a continent in a time when that continent was in crisis. If I was, I can't honestly say what my decision would be.)

Merlin did, intentionally or not. Coria perhaps wasn't a powerhouse (though we were on the up & up), but we were an important cog in the machine at the time.

I haven't managed to keep up with the rest of the thread and honestly lack much experience with FEI to go on, but I wanted to give some credit where it's due.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #108: January 15, 2015, 10:18:56 PM »
And what a surprise, Ohnar West has just been KRBing in Nbasah. So much for Arcaean involvement in the war being about "honour".

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #109: January 15, 2015, 10:31:58 PM »
And what a surprise, Ohnar West has just been KRBing in Nbasah. So much for Arcaean involvement in the war being about "honour".

Even OW wants Arcaea to back out and let them fight alone. ;)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Hyral

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #110: January 15, 2015, 10:55:34 PM »
Except now the war is shaping up to be everyone vs the two originating realms, yeah sure no gang bang there at all, for the first war since the empire was formed.

I'm not there so my newsfeed on this is a bit filtered, but at the beginning it was going to be a two realms ganging up on one, right? Clearly those realms didn't care about fair odds. If everyone has intervened against them then it's hardly Arcaea's fault that war is continent wide (again, couldn't say if it is). I'm not sure what kind of thinking you were doing if you thought having Arcaea dominate the island meant that they would just exist and not do anything. That wasn't in any proposition I heard, certainly.

Those with the greatest power have the greatest responsibility in regards to fun and balance. That has always been the case, and is one of the key responsibilities to those whom hold council positions. Realms that have greater power on an island, no matter how they came by it by extension end up with even greater responsibility then the same positions in other realms, simply because in general they have more opportunity to do so.

Sure. But that's not the same thing as having Arcaea take the fall because people are unhappy with the consequences of their own actions. People will do what they want, but nobody is owed anything here.

Even OW wants Arcaea to back out and let them fight alone. ;)

That wouldn't surprise me. Against Sorraine, at least, they have a pretty solid record of being unreasonably successful for their size.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111: January 16, 2015, 12:52:32 AM »
Like I said, Sartanians suck at warfare.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #112: January 16, 2015, 01:19:54 AM »
Sure. But that's not the same thing as having Arcaea take the fall because people are unhappy with the consequences of their own actions. People will do what they want, but nobody is owed anything here.

Indeed, Arcaea didn't get where they are now alone. They might have been alone at some point, but not since a while.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #113: January 16, 2015, 02:56:26 AM »
Indeed, Arcaea didn't get where they are now alone. They might have been alone at some point, but not since a while.

I believe the last time Arcaea was truly alone was right before they signed a mercenary agreement with Arcachon under Trinity.  Since then Arcaea's always had if not allies then friends in high places.  You really can't achieve anything in this game alone, as you at least need enough people who don't hate you enough to make sure they don't all ally to take you down.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #114: January 16, 2015, 03:05:09 AM »
I think the point is that Coralynth sought, and received, permission to attack Ohnar West. When Arcaea started thinking about getting involved it offered to withdraw from the war if Ohnar West removed their army from Nbasah. On the face of it, that's what everyone wanted - the war to go back to Sorraine versus OW with no one else involved.

The fact that Arcaea invaded anyway shows that this really wasn't about fears of a gangbang. And that's fine - but let's please not pretend that this is about what it's being claimed IC when everyone knows it's not.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #115: January 16, 2015, 03:33:21 AM »
Hey, I never pretended that was what I (or Baranion) was about.

He's been totally upfront about his disapproval of Coralynth's actions.

Slightly less upfront about his disapproval for the Church of Sartan, but it's not like you don't know my thoughts on that, Antonine ;D

Furthermore, I believe Velax was pretty clear that he didn't like the way Coralynth was acting, either, and wanted to punish them for their appallingly stupid dishonourable tactics.

It's not always about gangbangs.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116: January 16, 2015, 03:54:04 AM »
Furthermore, I believe Velax was pretty clear that he didn't like the way Coralynth was acting, either, and wanted to punish them for their appallingly stupid dishonourable tactics.
And he shows his displeasure with Coralynth by ... attacking Sorraine, and telling them he's probably going to loot them. That will certainly send a strong message of disapproval to Coralynth.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 03:57:23 AM by Indirik »
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #117: January 16, 2015, 05:23:24 AM »
It's about preventing Ohnar's destruction as much as it is about disapproval of Coralynth's actions. That was stated, repeatedly.

Coralynth will feel Velax's disapproval soon enough.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #118: January 16, 2015, 05:28:01 AM »
And he shows his displeasure with Coralynth by ... attacking Sorraine, and telling them he's probably going to loot them. That will certainly send a strong message of disapproval to Coralynth.

Yes I don't understand at all why Arcaea declared against Sorraine.

I think the point is that Coralynth sought, and received, permission to attack Ohnar West. When Arcaea started thinking about getting involved it offered to withdraw from the war if Ohnar West removed their army from Nbasah. On the face of it, that's what everyone wanted - the war to go back to Sorraine versus OW with no one else involved.

The fact that Arcaea invaded anyway shows that this really wasn't about fears of a gangbang. And that's fine - but let's please not pretend that this is about what it's being claimed IC when everyone knows it's not.

All news to me in the south. Beyond the war decelerations I have received no information of previous dealings with Arcaea in this matter. I was also not made aware that Coralynth had decided to pull out of the war. The main complainants and reasons floating around the south to get involved are that Coralynth is devoid of honour with their attempted sneak attack, and Sartan is bad and must be contained.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #119: January 16, 2015, 02:47:38 PM »
It's about preventing Ohnar's destruction as much as it is about disapproval of Coralynth's actions. That was stated, repeatedly.

Coralynth will feel Velax's disapproval soon enough.

Some realms need to die. I don't see what's fun in protecting OW's destruction.