Author Topic: Estate/Tax Revamp Proposal  (Read 4323 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Estate/Tax Revamp Proposal
« Topic Start: January 16, 2015, 11:16:15 AM »
You guys are both right. To start, changes in region production and tax rates will change income earned. At the same time, estates would be fixed. No resizing, adding or removing. They are what they are.

This does, indeed, remove a level of flexibility but also injects a level of simplicity. One less thing a lord needs to worry about. The trade-off might not be worth it though.

You are also right that the system also does not increase a everyone's earnings when new knights are introduced. The problem is that there is no way to guarantee that each additional will increase everyone's earnings until we can ensure that additional knights will not cause a drop in everyone's earnings.

Ensuring that no one ever loses money from additional knights is the hard part and this simplified system was an attempt at doing this in a way that was not overly complicated/hard.

A way to give a boost to everyone for gaining additional knights, once you have ensured that no one will ever earn less from additional knights, can be simple enough. One option, as De-Legro suggested, is a region wide efficiency boost. This could be simply represented by a increase of productivity with increased efficiency being the narrative explanation for the increase. Example: "The addition of a new knight has resulted in increased efficiency causing region productivity to increase by 5%". The down side is that this can cause regions with lot's of estates (mainly rich regions) to run with well over 100% production (due to increased efficiency) constantly. Even if you break it off as a separate stat the net result will likely be the same: regions will be capable of producing more money as a whole than they can now. As long as it is uniform throughout the game, I guess it is fine but I often feel that we have too much gold hanging about as it is.

In my opinion achieving this goal involves two steps:

1. Ensuring that no one loses money when taking on a new knight
2. Then find a way of boosting everyone income when taking on a knight

This suggestion was a possibly way of ensuring #1.

Well there will always be situations where people lose income to add a knight. If estates are resized downwards to make room for example. I believe the currently posted gold income for the regions should be the "max" or close to the max achievable under the system. This would be when estates have 100% of the region, and are all running at 100% (and production is 100%)
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.