Author Topic: Priest Game Issues?  (Read 27375 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Priest Game Issues?
« Reply #75: January 13, 2015, 05:31:51 PM »
Top right of the browser screen, when logged in to a character page.

Ah, that just means that that's the branch that particular page is currently on: just because you're on testing doesn't mean that any given page has a separate testing version.

Click on Command on Dwilight or BT, and it should change to "testing," because that page does have some slight changes at present.

If you want to know what branch an island is on, you need to look at the URL.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: January 13, 2015, 05:36:16 PM »
Ah, that just means that that's the branch that particular page is currently on: just because you're on testing doesn't mean that any given page has a separate testing version.

Click on Command on Dwilight or BT, and it should change to "testing," because that page does have some slight changes at present.

If you want to know what branch an island is on, you need to look at the URL.

Oh, okay. That's somewhat misleading, though.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: January 13, 2015, 05:41:37 PM »
Oh, okay. That's somewhat misleading, though.

Well, it makes it really easy to get people to post which branch the page they're on is part of when they're making a bug report...and other than that, why does it matter what branch any random player thinks they're on at any given time?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: January 13, 2015, 05:57:10 PM »
Well, it makes it really easy to get people to post which branch the page they're on is part of when they're making a bug report...and other than that, why does it matter what branch any random player thinks they're on at any given time?

Well, what matters to the player is what branch his character is, not what branch whatever game mechanic is using.

Devs: "New looting mechanics for testing"
Player: "Oh, this is stable, so I don't need to take it into account"
Player suffers effect of new looting mechanics, is frustrated by the surprise

Bug reports and other such things sometimes encounter similar issues with confusion about what continent is stable and isn't.

It's certainly not a huge deal. But it doesn't seem useful to anyone but the devs to distinguish which pages are testing and which are stable, so might as well hide the info?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: January 13, 2015, 06:01:41 PM »
Well, what matters to the player is what branch his character is, not what branch whatever game mechanic is using.

Devs: "New looting mechanics for testing"
Player: "Oh, this is stable, so I don't need to take it into account"
Player suffers effect of new looting mechanics, is frustrated by the surprise

Bug reports and other such things sometimes encounter similar issues with confusion about what continent is stable and isn't.

It's certainly not a huge deal. But it doesn't seem useful to anyone but the devs to distinguish which pages are testing and which are stable, so might as well hide the info?

That's why it's very faint, in the corner.

We want it to be accessible, so we can ask for it if we need it. And like I said, you can always see what branch you're on right in the URL.

Furthermore, this all started because I explicitly stated which continents were testing continents, and thus should expect to see this change.
Timothy Collett

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: January 13, 2015, 06:08:20 PM »
That's why it's very faint, in the corner.

We want it to be accessible, so we can ask for it if we need it. And like I said, you can always see what branch you're on right in the URL.

Furthermore, this all started because I explicitly stated which continents were testing continents, and thus should expect to see this change.

I presume, though, that if a testing continent uses a stable page, then there's probably no testing version of that page, right? So say there's a bug on the character page, it doesn't matter if the guy is on testing or stable, as they both use the same thing. Therefore, it's redundant data for the devs, no?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: January 13, 2015, 06:16:46 PM »
I presume, though, that if a testing continent uses a stable page, then there's probably no testing version of that page, right? So say there's a bug on the character page, it doesn't matter if the guy is on testing or stable, as they both use the same thing. Therefore, it's redundant data for the devs, no?

Sure—but there have been instances in the past where someone, by whatever means, ended up using the stable version of a page when there was a testing version available.
Timothy Collett