Author Topic: Ete City  (Read 8357 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Ete City
« Reply #15: January 20, 2015, 12:39:13 AM »
Weeeelll...it's not quite that bad. But there are places in the code where, effectively, increasing your armour increases your damage.

I don't think there are any places where increasing your weapons makes you harder to hit, but I wouldn't be willing to swear to it.

When I checked the code for damage only looks at the armour value.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: January 20, 2015, 12:41:27 AM »
So.... with similar training, morale, cohesion, range, weather, and everything, a unit of 10 men with 90/80 will cause more hits than a 10 men unit with 95/25?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: January 20, 2015, 12:47:45 AM »
So.... with similar training, morale, cohesion, range, weather, and everything, a unit of 10 men with 90/80 will cause more hits than a 10 men unit with 95/25?

Yes.

However, it is effectively impossible to generate the latter unit, since equipment ratings are normalized on RC creation. (Basically, if the weapon and armour values are too far apart, the higher one will be pulled down and the lower pulled up.)
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: January 20, 2015, 12:52:27 AM »
Yes.

However, it is effectively impossible to generate the latter unit, since equipment ratings are normalized on RC creation. (Basically, if the weapon and armour values are too far apart, the higher one will be pulled down and the lower pulled up.)

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Does armor have more importance than weapons for CS calculation and recruitment costs? 'cause if I understand correctly, a unit with 45/65 is superior in every way to one with 65/45?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: January 20, 2015, 12:57:38 AM »

Does armor have more importance than weapons for CS calculation and recruitment costs? 'cause if I understand correctly, a unit with 45/65 is superior in every way to one with 65/45?

No one claims it makes sense, only that it is what currently takes place.

Note that the previously mentioned CS correlation only holds true for ranged combat, and it is not the complete story for ranged hits. Ranged combat hits are a function of both the units CS and the units weapon %. The concept I believe is that CS increases with training and cohesion, and those changes should result in better combat effectiveness. Armour affecting the hits is a side affect of this.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 01:17:23 AM by De-Legro »
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: January 20, 2015, 01:57:42 AM »

No.

There are places where weapons influence attack-related values, while armour does not. It's just that there are also places where the complete CS calculation is used, so armour does influence attack.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan