Author Topic: Looting Feedback  (Read 12633 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Looting Feedback
« Reply #30: January 13, 2015, 07:18:11 PM »
Question about burning food: The text suggests that not all of the burnt food will come from the granaries, but rather directly from the peasants. What does this actually imply? What are the consequences of this, if the granaries are largely intact?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: January 13, 2015, 07:20:37 PM »
As for the allegiance change, it's as lord joining the duchy of Reeds, which bordered the region in question.

OK, found and fixed for the future, and nudged your two militia units in the right direction.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: January 13, 2015, 07:22:33 PM »
Question about burning food: The text suggests that not all of the burnt food will come from the granaries, but rather directly from the peasants. What does this actually imply? What are the consequences of this, if the granaries are largely intact?

Makes the peasants more upset, and once I get this part implemented, will require some extra food from the granary so those peasants can eat OK. (That's still TODO, though.)

Also TODO is to decide whether I should break out granary and tax office attacks as deliberate actions separate from the burning & stealing from peasants. I'm still sort of waffling on that.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: January 13, 2015, 07:26:25 PM »
Makes the peasants more upset, and once I get this part implemented, will require some extra food from the granary so those peasants can eat OK. (That's still TODO, though.)

Also TODO is to decide whether I should break out granary and tax office attacks as deliberate actions separate from the burning & stealing from peasants. I'm still sort of waffling on that.

So basically, it should eventually create a short-term food consumption increase?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: January 13, 2015, 07:39:29 PM »
So basically, it should eventually create a short-term food consumption increase?

Yeah, pretty much. Less than if you'd stolen directly from the granary, but still some effect.
Timothy Collett

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: January 14, 2015, 12:37:27 AM »
So if I want to hurt a realm's food supplies, granaries should be my target for the time being.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: January 22, 2015, 03:22:48 AM »
The citizens of Moeth have had enough with the looting. Since nobody seems to be helping them, they have formed a citizen militia. 1266.7 men take up improvised weapons to defend their homes.

Should probably change that to "1,266 men and a one-legged beggar" or something...
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: January 22, 2015, 08:08:08 AM »
Should probably change that to "1,266 men and a one-legged beggar" or something...

That would be totally awesome!!!

Zakilevo

« Reply #38: January 28, 2015, 02:11:45 AM »
Your men take 113 gold worth of money and valuables from the people of Baqua and the local tax office.
Your men take 9 bushels of food from the people of Baqua, and send it to your home region of Yermon.
428 peasants are killed in the process.
Additionally, your men round up some of the local women and systematically rape them.

Stealing gold comes with 428 dead peasants.

remaining peasants: 15548/16700