Author Topic: Update region economy to reflect changed geography?  (Read 2525 times)

Jables

• Peasant
    • View Profile
My character Renaud is count of Xhahgus on Beluaterra. The region was originally landlocked but with the various daimon invasions the coastline of Beluaterra has changed; Xhahgus now has water on both sides, forming a bridge between Lake Salaman to the north and the ocean to the east.

However, the economy is still limited to farming, hunting, and mining, with no fishing at all (0%). Surely they must have learned to fish by now! Or are the folk of Xhahgus afraid of water?

Is it possible to update the economy of a newly-coastal region like Xhahgus? and possibly the weather area (which atm is central lake)?
There are other regions in Beluaterra that this would apply to. Obviously it is not a necessity but a question of realism and tidying-up.

Thanks.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
The economy details are purely flavour. They have no direct effect on the region's production.

We may revisit them at some point; however, they are a very low priority.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
Do you want to eat Daimon Blight Fishes that have been feasting on the bloated remains of your neighbors?
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Do you want to eat Daimon Blight Fishes that have been feasting on the bloated remains of your neighbors?

I'd totally want roasted monsters to be a sellable commodity! Loot the West, Kill the monsters, Bring back the wealth!
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
Us former denizens of the West once feasted upon monsters. Shame that no one with the details of how it worked is alive or on Dwi any longer...
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Us former denizens of the West once feasted upon monsters. Shame that no one with the details of how it worked is alive or on Dwi any longer...

Sounds like something Glaumring would have done, and he's still there.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron