Author Topic: Dear FEI  (Read 23297 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Dear FEI
« Topic Start: January 19, 2015, 09:44:49 PM »
How real the moral outrage is doesn't matter, that doesn't force everyone to jump in on a new gangbang.

The sanctions could have been different, and they could have been differed.

Well, that's true.

At the time when Baranion decided and announced that Zonasa would join in the fight, it was just Sorraine and Coralynth vs Ohnar West. His expectation was to provide a relatively minor distraction to Sorraine by opening up a second front.

I don't think it's necessary for Arcaea to be involved, in this case. However:

• With Sorraine and Coralynth vs Ohnar, Cathay, and Zonasa, there's a real possibility that Ohnar will still be destroyed
  • Without joining in the fight, Arcaea gets to just sit around and be bored (though to be fair, as we've already noted, Arcaea's options are pretty much "dictate the course of events or sit around and be bored")
  • Without Arcaea in the fight, there's very little that can realistically be done against Coralynth—not nothing, but very little—and it's their behaviour in particular that generated the moral outrage
  • As I mentioned before, Velax has given very clear, completely IC, and totally predictable reasons why they joined in

So, yes, this sucks for Sorraine. But it's far from the worst thing that could be happening on the FEI right now, and is pretty much entirely the result of Sorraine and Coralynth ignoring recent history (and at least one relatively obvious diplomatic issue) and thinking that disposing of Ohnar West would be a "short, victorious war" they could get out of the way quickly.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan