Author Topic: Dear FEI  (Read 23257 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Dear FEI
« Reply #15: January 19, 2015, 10:56:30 PM »
Thing is, IC, all the reasons people are giving, so far as they are making it to my character, are pure bull!@#$. Zonasa demanding that we condemn the actions, and swear an oath not to let it happen again? Let what happen? Declaring war? (And yeah, i know more ooc, but I'm talking ic, and what my character knows.) So far, all we did was declare war, and then invade 7 days later. What's to condemn?

Everyone is claiming they are taking OWs side, but that they don't really have any objections to war on OW. And, really, who ×would× care about OW? Everyone should despise them, except perhaps Cathay. And maybe Velax cares about the exact number of rulers who bow before the imperial throne.

And if the objection is really about the way Coralynth acted in declaring the war, then why start bitching about a gang-bang against poor, defenseless OW, then start roflstomping Sorraine? What's next, when Cathay does something, do we declare war on Zonasa and start looting them?

This has all the indications of a bunch of realms looking for a safe war they can participate in, and jumping on the bandwagon. And yeah, you may have some ic reasons you can claim to be safely following. But you know what? It really doesn't matter. It still sucks. People have to start wars to keep this game from becoming a !@#$ing gold harvesting sim. And in order to start wars, you need to sometimes do things that the knight in shining armor wouldn't do. If someone does that and the entire island breathes a collective sigh of relief because now they can pretend to be the good guy and not be the one bent over the table, then it's gonna suck.

And, really, that's where the FEI is now. Right in the middle of a big heaping helping of suck. Sorraine has no choice but to knuckle under or die. And we go back to another six months of gold farming. And another two dozen people quit the island.

Edit: stupid phone typos.

Zonasa wants you to condem the actions of Coralynth, not necessarily your own actions. Though some within the realm believe your realm was fully aware of the stunt they were going to pull, and thus are guilty by extension. It is possible that Zonasa might pull out of the war if Coralynth did, though that is just my opinion and I'm not particularity keen on the war to start with. There are those within the realm that simply want to prevent any spread of Sartan, and I have no idea which realms follow that religion.

However it was a gang bang from the start, when two realms larger then OW both declared upon them. All that has happened is the rest of the island has joined in and the party being gang banged has changed. It was a poor war from the start, now it is simply a poor war with everyone involved.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.