Author Topic: Dear FEI  (Read 23283 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Dear FEI
« Reply #15: January 20, 2015, 04:26:07 PM »
Yeah, see, that's not the root of the problem. If you think that's what I'm thinking, then I'm not explaining properly and/or you're just not getting it.

Um...what?

I literally quoted something you said, and said it was wrong. Now you're saying that the thing you said is not what you're thinking?

But let's try a different tack.

Let's assume we just let Sorraine and Coralynth roflstomp Ohnar West with nary a peep. Zonasa keeps rebuilding, Cathay and Arcaea do whatever the hell it is they were doing before.

Then what?

What would you propose as a reasonable alternative to what's happening right now? People aren't going to just sit around and do nothing forever, and the game is, in fact, called BattleMaster for a reason. It is intended that most realms should be involved in one war or another most of the time, and the Far East just doesn't have that many different matchups available to it right now. Thus, to be perfectly honest, this seems to me like one of the best, most interesting wars we could reasonably have expected coming off the last war.

(At least, based on the apparent power levels involved. People keep saying how Sorraine and Coralynth are, despite their size, really terrible at warfare, so it's possible this will be just as much of a roflstomp as it looked like you two vs OW would have been...but if that's the case, then I'm not sure there's really much we could have done for you anyway.)
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan