Author Topic: Dear FEI  (Read 23027 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Dear FEI
« Reply #15: January 20, 2015, 11:02:11 PM »
I'm going to go ahead and say that two versus one is much more balanced and fair than four versus one - which is what the war has become for Sorraine.

Again, I find it ludicrous that everyone's attacking Sorraine when it's Coralynth who they claim to be complaining about. To declare war on Sorraine but not Coralynth is completely hypocritical and illogical.

No its not, you are simply ignoring the fact that several members have more then one reason to enter the war. Cathay defends their only remaining true ally in there mind so far as I understand things, thus they will defend them against both aggressors. If I understand the politics in Zonasa correctly, our Regent is angry with Coralynth's actions, but also sees this war as important in regards to stopping the spread of a Theocracy whom's religion he dislikes, thus Coralynth would appear to have given him the excuse to do what he really wants to do, which is fight Sorraine and prevent them from expanding into OW. For Zonasa this is not about liking or even caring about OW, there are two matters here, the first the public out cry against dishonourable actions, the second OW is preferable to Sorraine. Even without that one could argue that since we can no directly threaten Coralynth due to geography, we must prevent their goal by preventing the success of their coalition. The only reasonable way we can do that is to prevent their "partner in crime". Remeber that Sorraine is currently held in only slightly better esteem then Coralynth, since Zonasa believe they knew of Coralynths plans, and in the end went ahead with the war knowing how things would play out. Condoning the dishonourable acts of your allies is dishonourable as well you know.

And yes, the sides are more one sided now. Such things happen when one group attempts to overwhelm another. Coralynth and Sorraine sought a war that favoured them, the backlash has resulted in a war that does not.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.