Author Topic: Pre-invasion Dwilight  (Read 6709 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Pre-invasion Dwilight
« Topic Start: January 28, 2015, 11:52:41 PM »
Would anyone happen to have a map of Dwilight before the monsters hit?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Pre-invasion Dwilight
« Reply #1: January 29, 2015, 01:04:03 AM »
I'm assuming you mean with realms on it, as the current map is geographically the same.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: January 29, 2015, 01:46:15 AM »
I'm assuming you mean with realms on it, as the current map is geographically the same.

Yes, I assume he wishes to know the state of the borders for the western realms before they got stomped.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: January 29, 2015, 02:08:46 AM »
Yes, I assume he wishes to know the state of the borders for the western realms before they got stomped.

Yes.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: January 29, 2015, 02:14:10 AM »
The Barca and Asylon realm wiki pages have some partial maps from the beginning of the invasion.

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: January 29, 2015, 02:17:39 AM »
Astrum also has a picture showing their pre-invasion realm.

Shulee

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: January 30, 2015, 12:43:21 AM »
Astrum also has a picture showing their much dwindled pre-invasion realm.

Couldn't help myself.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: January 30, 2015, 03:07:12 PM »
Those maps are mostly of the realms at their peak... both realms include Farronite Republic (or Kabrinskia, or Caerwyn, as you preffer), and not quite what I'd consider their traditional borders. They do give good ideas, though.

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: January 30, 2015, 04:46:05 PM »
I'm not sure any realm on the Western half really had "traditional borders." That case could maybe be made for Astrum and the Terran Republic, but most of the other realms were colonies and in a constant state of colonization, war and expansion.
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: January 30, 2015, 05:00:21 PM »
I'm not sure any realm on the Western half really had "traditional borders." That case could maybe be made for Astrum and the Terran Republic, but most of the other realms were colonies and in a constant state of colonization, war and expansion.

There were often wars, sure, but the land occupied by Caerwyn for most of its time was also the land held by Kabrinskia for most of its time and then by the Farronite Republic for most of its time too. Between the crunches and the expansions, a lot of it belonged to a number of other realms, but there were still "loose" borders that seemed to come back again and again.

'moot borders were pretty straightforward. They were pretty much named at the very start, and then the realms expanded until they got them, and then it pretty much remained until their deaths, exceptions made for Aurvandil's conquests and the monster invasion.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: January 30, 2015, 07:31:21 PM »
There were often wars, sure, but the land occupied by Caerwyn for most of its time was also the land held by Kabrinskia for most of its time and then by the Farronite Republic for most of its time too. Between the crunches and the expansions, a lot of it belonged to a number of other realms, but there were still "loose" borders that seemed to come back again and again.

'moot borders were pretty straightforward. They were pretty much named at the very start, and then the realms expanded until they got them, and then it pretty much remained until their deaths, exceptions made for Aurvandil's conquests and the monster invasion.

Barca was still expanding to the north if I recall correctly.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: January 30, 2015, 08:31:43 PM »
Barca was still expanding to the north if I recall correctly.

North to where? The Zuma lands weren't about to be colonized, afaik.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: January 30, 2015, 09:20:04 PM »

Ignore me. I r know gud geogafy. >.>
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 09:22:27 PM by GundamMerc »

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: January 30, 2015, 09:21:04 PM »
It was the whole Chateau Saffalore and Saffalore expansion after Phanataria fell down. Those was the only expansion plans I was aware of though, and we only had the new duchy for a few weeks before the monsters came.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: January 30, 2015, 10:50:29 PM »

Dont forget Asylon controlled every single one of those regions all the way to Golden Farrow. Just noticed you left that out.
We live lives in beautiful lies...