Author Topic: Anime Discussion  (Read 5257 times)

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Anime Discussion
« Topic Start: February 01, 2015, 10:50:36 AM »
Didn't see an anime thread, so decided to make my own. Also, please do not start a subs vs dubs debate, they usually spiral out of control. Anyways, on to the topic of the thread. Basically a place to discuss anything and everything anime, along with reviewing anime that you have seen and suggesting ones people should watch. For suggestions, please be sure to label whether the anime is sfw or nsfw, as well as the genre

My suggestions today are the following:

No. 6 - NSFW (blood), Shounen Ai
Taking place in a post-apocalyptic world, this anime is about a boy named Shion who discovers that the city he lives in, No. 6, is not the utopia everyone believes it to be.

Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory - SFW, Mecha
An old classic, this takes place three in-universe years after the original MSG, and thus the One Year War. Remnants of the Principality of Zeon steal a prototype mobile suit armed with a tactical nuke. The Earth Federation Space Forces assault carrier Albion is forced to chase after it, hoping to recapture or destroy the prototype before the nuke can be used.

Andre

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Anime Discussion
« Reply #1: February 10, 2015, 12:47:30 PM »
Attack on Titan, Tokyo Ghoul (2nd season going on right now), Future Diary, Psycho Pass (Cant say anything about season 2, havent had time for it yet.)

Ill describe them a bit later.

Hyral

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: February 13, 2015, 03:03:49 AM »
Natsume Yuujinchou: supernatural, SFW.  Features a boy who inherited the titular "book of friends" from his deceased grandmother, follows his experiences as he returns the names of the subjugated youkai therein. Good cast, your daily dose of feels, and nyanko-sensei whose merchandise I worship.

Akatsuki no Yona: historical, fantasy, SFW. Actually haven't seen too much of the anime but the manga is good and it seems like a good adaptation so far. Princess Yona flees the country after her father's murder, set on a quest to gather the descendants of the four heavenly dragons to take back her kingdom. Satisfying character level ups.

Vision of Escaflowne (series version): fantasy, historical-ish, mecha, SFW. I guess it's kind of old now...Girl gets pulled into another world, travels with the young king of a fallen kingdom, looking for allies and arms. Everyone's got issues. Ominous, weirdly catchy chanting. It's very...just watch it.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 03:28:44 AM by Hyral »

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: February 14, 2015, 12:12:31 AM »
Found a good one, called Log Horizon. Is pretty cool, the main character is a thinker rather than a fighter and wins through his ability to out strategize the opponent.

Hyral

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: February 16, 2015, 05:14:23 AM »
Oh! Another getting-old one that must be mentioned, The Irresponsible Captain Tylor (tv series). Space opera, comedy, SFW as far as I remember.

Directionless man signs up for the military, this that and the other lead to him being in command of a ship, war and adventures in space ensue.  Idiot or genius? Still wondering.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: February 16, 2015, 09:24:35 AM »
I shall have to check that out.