Author Topic: Attack on Sasrhas!  (Read 61675 times)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: Attack on Sasrhas!
« Reply #150: February 27, 2015, 09:33:58 PM »
As I said, we declared a full day (two turns) before our attack took place. That you believe otherwise is also part of the problem. Furthermore, how your realm declares war is up to you. My queen had never declared war on her own before, and didn't know the "league of rulers" in the Far East had expectations about what a ruler should or shouldn't do before declaring war. Using her inexperience as a prelude to destroy her realm seems a bit much... and hypocritical.

General rule of thumb is to either declare war from your territory, or make sure you're going to gain an unbeatable advantage from doing otherwise (speaking from some painful personal experience).

And I don't think anyone is terribly interested in destroying Coralynth, as anyone close enough to be able to do so knows how incredibly difficult doing so would be, and anyone too far to know is too far to try.

Admittedly the difference in noble count makes Coralynth weaker than Arcachon was, but destroying Arcachon took several months, no less than three highly ranked traitors, one of whom had been sabotaging Arcachon for literally years, two civil wars in Arcahon, took Arcaea's entire concentration and gold reserves, burned through a huge amount of diplomatic capital and allies (including ceding Arempos for the alliance with Ohnar West), and Arcaea lost a quarter of its population from starvation another quarter due to region revolts.

Last I heard (admittedly I've been out of the loop) was that an apology and promise not to finish killing OW would get most of the realms off your back, even if their Rulers won't necessarily say so outright.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151: February 27, 2015, 11:43:20 PM »
The rulers are being very quiet about Coralynth. They are specifically included from negotiations.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152: February 28, 2015, 12:16:58 AM »
By which i mean that i have asked several times, and my questions are completely ignored. The ic assumption is that OW/Arcaea intend on killing them.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #153: February 28, 2015, 12:41:22 AM »
By which i mean that i have asked several times, and my questions are completely ignored. The ic assumption is that OW/Arcaea intend on killing them.

As Bedwyr said, taking the island is a difficult proposition. Even when the Arcaean war machine as at one of its strongest points we struggle to take and hold land on the island. Most the rest of the time we traded regions on the mainland with them.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.