Author Topic: Is this the next big war?  (Read 15069 times)

Zakilevo

Re: Is this the next big war?
« Reply #15: February 18, 2015, 09:26:55 AM »
It is good to see Arcaea fall apart. LET VELAX'S LEGACY BURN IN HELL MEUAHAHA

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: February 18, 2015, 11:05:34 AM »
On the other hand, financial support in exchange for service was the core concept of vassal oath. If a suzerain failed to provide his knight with promised commodities he technically failed to hold his end of the deal and the knight was free to go.Good point.
Maybe fines should entail a prestige hit too.

There is a massive difference between a stipend from a liege, and begging in front of the entire realm for gold. Lets call a spade a spade, it is completely foreign to the atmosphere the game purports to follow, we do it because it is efficient and if we do not those realms that do will have a competitive advantage. The game already simulated the first, in that the liege grants land (ie financial income) in return for tax.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: February 18, 2015, 03:28:24 PM »
What's the matter, dustole, bummed that you can't join in the dogpile?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: February 18, 2015, 03:44:20 PM »
I need to do something.  It's the only dance in town.  Gotta get in a song or two before it's over.  It seems I'm gonna get a new neighbor realm.  Gotta stick my nose in and see what's up.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Kainaq

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: February 18, 2015, 04:56:29 PM »
Wait.... Let me get this straight....  Zonasa and GD are sitting twiddling their thumbs because they are waiting for Arcaea to sign a peace treaty which has already been signed....

As for fence sitting....  That really isn't accurate, im genuinely surprised that it isn't obvious what Arcaea has been doing.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: February 18, 2015, 05:48:04 PM »
Wait.... Let me get this straight....  Zonasa and GD are sitting twiddling their thumbs because they are waiting for Arcaea to sign a peace treaty which has already been signed....

As for fence sitting....  That really isn't accurate, im genuinely surprised that it isn't obvious what Arcaea has been doing.

It isn't obvious because, at least from where Baranion sits, no one's been communicating. At all. After Claudio seceded, the only way I could get actual information was through Claudio. My other contacts, including Dawn, either literally wrote no messages or wrote messages saying basically, "Things are still not settled in here. Let me get back to you."

Until just about an hour ago, when Dawn finally publicly stated what Arcaea would be doing.

I'm not sure how you think anything was supposed to be obvious.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Kainaq

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: February 18, 2015, 06:28:19 PM »
When a succession happens it causes a large amount of turmoil within the realm.  This resulted in Arcaea losing a city due to it going rogue, and having several others close to following suit.  The last two weeks have been spent effectively repairing that damage - something as significant as a region changing hands is broad casted to the entire continent.

Anyone who has played this game for any length of time would know this happens..... thats why i said its obvious....

I cant really respond to the rest of your message Anaris as i believe OOC and IC events should be kept separated from the forums but i will try to do a brief summary.  The former King of Sorraine was inactive (or at the very least wasn't responding to his mail) - This would inevitably lead to a slow down of letters from other rulers. 

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: February 18, 2015, 06:39:56 PM »
Fergus was having problems keeping up with things, which is why he stepped down. It will take a bit for things to get settled out.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Eirikr

« Reply #23: February 19, 2015, 06:06:19 AM »
Arcaea seems to be doing some fence sitting right now.   They aren't helping their ally OW.   They won't sign peace with the Grand Duchy which is keeping the Grand Duchy and Zonasa out of the war.   Seems they are really screwing  things up.   One would hope they would !@#$ or get off the pot...

I thought peace was signed, just not an alliance.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: February 19, 2015, 06:47:00 AM »
Arcaea declined peace at first and kept our relations at neutral.  It wasn't until just recently that Arcaea and the Grand Duchy signed a peace treaty. 
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)