Author Topic: Is this the next big war?  (Read 15064 times)

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Is this the next big war?
« Topic Start: February 04, 2015, 04:37:16 PM »
I wasn't quite ready to secede but it was forced on me.  Will the grand Duchy the Dragon be able to survive?  Or will this be the beginning of the end for Arcaea?
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Is this the next big war?
« Reply #1: February 04, 2015, 08:44:54 PM »
Depends on how many real supporters you have. If you only have 8 or 9 real supporters, the it will be "hello mister bug, I'd like to introduce you to this neat invention i like to call a windshield".
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: February 04, 2015, 09:34:12 PM »
Or, more concisely worded: Ant, meet boot.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: February 04, 2015, 10:30:52 PM »
Mine sounds better.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: February 05, 2015, 12:03:30 AM »

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: February 05, 2015, 01:11:08 AM »
I think I have enough supporters in. And out of Arcaea to win a war if it came to that.  My Duchy represented 1/3 of Arcaea's mobile army. 

Eirikr

« Reply #6: February 06, 2015, 03:30:21 AM »
Mine sounds better.

Sorry, Sacha's got my vote too. :/

In other news, wow, I don't think I've EVER used the ban button so much as I have with Orado...

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: February 06, 2015, 05:32:52 PM »
All the bans are creating tension.  Good for gameplay but maybe bad for Arcaea in the end.

Kainaq

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: February 06, 2015, 07:12:24 PM »
for those of us keeping count with regards to who got banned in Arcaea in the last few months we have.....

an infiltrator who tried to to team kill, a religious zealot and a duke who overplayed his hand

but you know i really am gonna miss Martin, Arcaea hasn't been the same without everyones favorite Sartan :p

As for the next big war.... i dont think it would happen.  I can only really see two possible outcomes, one path would lead to a forgotten concept that has not happened on FEI for years, the other would see FEI become dull..... sadly i believe were significantly closer to the dull path at this point.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: February 07, 2015, 12:04:29 AM »
but you know i really am gonna miss Martin, Arcaea hasn't been the same without everyones favorite Sartan :p

I like to have characters who make the game interesting. Sadly this leads to them getting banned a lot :p

Eirikr

« Reply #10: February 07, 2015, 07:03:53 PM »
All the bans are creating tension.  Good for gameplay but maybe bad for Arcaea in the end.

No kidding! I still wish there were some middle option between fines and banishment... As I've discussed elsewhere, fines are generally roleplayed as being serious, but functionally, you could just go request funds from the General after you pay it. Say it's for the war effort. It's really just a slap on the wrist.

Bans, on the other hand, are just plain absolute.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: February 08, 2015, 09:31:06 PM »
No kidding! I still wish there were some middle option between fines and banishment... As I've discussed elsewhere, fines are generally roleplayed as being serious, but functionally, you could just go request funds from the General after you pay it. Say it's for the war effort. It's really just a slap on the wrist.

Bans, on the other hand, are just plain absolute.

To me this demonstrates two core problems
  • Our Characters feel no shame at admitting their financial short comings. To me this is wrong, nobles were renown for hiding their debt, for living beyond their means to keep up appearances among their peers. Yet the main use for the realm channel is to beg for funds.
  • Our Character in general feel no shame at being embarrassed before our peers by being reprimanded in any form. It should be less what the MECHANICAL effect of the fine is, and more the fact that you got fined at all that should be the disincentive for our characters.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Eirikr

« Reply #12: February 08, 2015, 09:36:47 PM »
To me this demonstrates two core problems
  • Our Characters feel no shame at admitting their financial short comings. To me this is wrong, nobles were renown for hiding their debt, for living beyond their means to keep up appearances among their peers. Yet the main use for the realm channel is to beg for funds.
  • Our Character in general feel no shame at being embarrassed before our peers by being reprimanded in any form. It should be less what the MECHANICAL effect of the fine is, and more the fact that you got fined at all that should be the disincentive for our characters.

I hadn't thought about it like this... I did say that people tend to roleplay fines as being serious, so I don't think #2 is too much of an issue. Though it usually comes out as indigence rather than embarrassment.

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: February 18, 2015, 07:02:55 AM »
Our Characters feel no shame at admitting their financial short comings. To me this is wrong, nobles were renown for hiding their debt, for living beyond their means to keep up appearances among their peers. Yet the main use for the realm channel is to beg for funds.
On the other hand, financial support in exchange for service was the core concept of vassal oath. If a suzerain failed to provide his knight with promised commodities he technically failed to hold his end of the deal and the knight was free to go.
Our Character in general feel no shame at being embarrassed before our peers by being reprimanded in any form. It should be less what the MECHANICAL effect of the fine is, and more the fact that you got fined at all that should be the disincentive for our characters.
Good point.
Maybe fines should entail a prestige hit too.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: February 18, 2015, 09:09:11 AM »
Arcaea seems to be doing some fence sitting right now.   They aren't helping their ally OW.   They won't sign peace with the Grand Duchy which is keeping the Grand Duchy and Zonasa out of the war.   Seems they are really screwing  things up.   One would hope they would !@#$ or get off the pot...