Author Topic: city knight incomes  (Read 20933 times)

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: city knight incomes
« Reply #15: February 09, 2015, 11:48:26 PM »
I think they are mostly restricted by their lack of nobles.

Actually its more to do with we go back into the fight too soon.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: February 10, 2015, 02:15:22 AM »
If I wanted to win wars by teaming up to take on the big boys, and measure my success in the form of regions which by your own admission are fairly useless anyway, I'd have stayed on the other islands. This is the War Island, fer feck's sake. Act a little like it!

Yet, with every passing day of you two ganging up on us, your victory becomes less and less glorious. Assuming you hold onto your flimsy little alliance long enough. If I was a Sandal, I'd have thrown those Ikkies off my back long ago, and let them fight their own war for a change. Or maybe if we offered the Ikkies Sandalak City to betray Sandalak, they might be tempted? You never know with those politicians! Endless possibilities!

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: February 10, 2015, 02:35:29 AM »
If I wanted to win wars by teaming up to take on the big boys, and measure my success in the form of regions which by your own admission are fairly useless anyway, I'd have stayed on the other islands. This is the War Island, fer feck's sake. Act a little like it!

Yet, with every passing day of you two ganging up on us, your victory becomes less and less glorious. Assuming you hold onto your flimsy little alliance long enough. If I was a Sandal, I'd have thrown those Ikkies off my back long ago, and let them fight their own war for a change. Or maybe if we offered the Ikkies Sandalak City to betray Sandalak, they might be tempted? You never know with those politicians! Endless possibilities!

You guys tried that, tried offering us their city as well. If you want to measure winning by a stalemate, go ahead. In the end a 3 way war island is all about managing two other realms to further your own goals, you want to ignore that fact and create you own metric for victory go right ahead.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: February 10, 2015, 02:44:48 AM »
Well, when you are outnumbered and overpowered, a stalemate is as good as a victory in my book. It's a shame I didn't save all those letters prophecising our downfall within two months. Then two months later, I was like "What are you waiting for, Christmas?". Then Christmas came, and we were still bringing wholesale slaughter upon both of you. So yeah, technically you may be winning (although at a paltry 2 regions gained for Ikalak, even that is a stretch ;) ), but the gods know who are the true warriors.

Still, your patience needs to outlast our blood lust, and we are chock full of that, man!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 02:48:23 AM by Sacha »

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: February 10, 2015, 03:38:33 AM »
Taselak has accomplished the most of the three realms on the War Island:
-1st enemy killed in battle
-Holding Toren Stronghold ever since the original region grab
-Most honorable knight
-Best warcry(HARHARHARHAR)
-The Triumvirate of M's(Moto, Moosemaul, Mooch)
-Tourist Trap of the Year
-Most enemy knights killed in battle(with two kills going to the peasants of Moeth)

Even if the stalemate is broken and we lose the 2 v 1 battle, I think us Tassies carry the spirit of the war island.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: February 10, 2015, 03:49:31 AM »
Well, when you are outnumbered and overpowered, a stalemate is as good as a victory in my book. It's a shame I didn't save all those letters prophecising our downfall within two months. Then two months later, I was like "What are you waiting for, Christmas?". Then Christmas came, and we were still bringing wholesale slaughter upon both of you. So yeah, technically you may be winning (although at a paltry 2 regions gained for Ikalak, even that is a stretch ;) ), but the gods know who are the true warriors.

Still, your patience needs to outlast our blood lust, and we are chock full of that, man!

Course we have been hearing from your side how Ikkie will die this next offensive for how long now? It is a stalemate for a reason guys. All anyone is doing right now is trading regions back and forth. For any of the three realms to pretend they are winning (OOC of course) is just plan stupid. Obviously things will change, the reality is they could change to favour any of the three realms right now.

Zakilevo

« Reply #21: February 10, 2015, 04:12:24 AM »
I think all realms are looking to break this stalemate somehow. The main problem for Sandalak and Ikalak is Taselak being too rich. They have so much gold that even when Sandalak repel them, they crush Ikalak on their way back and come back with just as many men as they were before. It is more like Ikalak or Sandalak can't afford to attack each other because the moment they do that Taselak will just walk over both realms.

This stalemate won't break for awhile I am afraid.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: February 10, 2015, 04:22:28 AM »

Yet, with every passing day of you two ganging up on us, your victory becomes less and less glorious.
*yawn* Hmm ... now where have I heard arguments like this before ...

Oh wait, that's right! That's the same thing that Sandalak was saying when it was a Tassel/Ikal gang up on Sandalak.

Get real, Sacha. You know how these things go. When one realm gets too close to winning, the others gang up on it.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: February 10, 2015, 04:26:47 AM »
Taselak has accomplished the most of the three realms on the War Island:
-Holding Toren Stronghold ever since the original region grab
Not true. You lost it, then took it back.

And, really, no one's really tried to take it from you since then. I mean, it's not like you've held off ravening hordes of Sandals and Ikkies determined to take it from you. I don't think anyone has ever even bothered to attack it.

Even if the stalemate is broken
Umm... This hasn't been a stalemate for a long time.

and we lose the 2 v 1 battle, I think us Tassies carry the spirit of the war island.
The island really has taken a turn for the better. It's turning out a lot better than it looked like it would. All three realms are doing a very good job of carrying on the fight.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: February 10, 2015, 04:34:24 AM »

The island really has taken a turn for the better. It's turning out a lot better than it looked like it would. All three realms are doing a very good job of carrying on the fight.

Well, that's until one realm takes a second city, which in turn will attract many of the defeated realm's nobles, and it becomes a cakewalk because of the huge discrepancies in income and nobles.

And with the scales more or less balanced right now, it makes me wonder if we could ever see a proper 1v1v1, which to me is the big attraction of the War Island.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: February 10, 2015, 04:44:33 AM »
Well, that's until one realm takes a second city, which in turn will attract many of the defeated realm's nobles, and it becomes a cakewalk because of the huge discrepancies in income and nobles.

And with the scales more or less balanced right now, it makes me wonder if we could ever see a proper 1v1v1, which to me is the big attraction of the War Island.

No, logically when ever 1 party is in the lead it is natural for the two others to band together. You see this in pretty much every game that allows multiplier free for all.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: February 10, 2015, 04:45:42 AM »
Well, that's nothing a gentleman's agreement could not fix, is it?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: February 10, 2015, 05:02:01 AM »
Well, that's nothing a gentleman's agreement could not fix, is it?

Which would last as long as the losing teams took to oust their rulers.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: February 10, 2015, 05:10:26 AM »
Which would last as long as the losing teams took to oust their rulers.

Well THAT is something a few well-aimed lightning strikes could not fix.

Though I suppose that brings us into the realm of wishful thinking :P

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: February 10, 2015, 05:47:42 AM »
Well THAT is something a few well-aimed lightning strikes could not fix.

Though I suppose that brings us into the realm of wishful thinking :P

Yes, the concept of using lightning strikes to enforce your personal idea of what a 1v1v1 contest should look like is more then a bit fanciful.