Author Topic: Allegiance change question  (Read 3667 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Allegiance change question
« Topic Start: February 17, 2015, 01:51:06 PM »
I seem to remember a few months back being told that if someone else changed your allegiance, you should not have the 2 weeks restriction to change again as if you had done so yourself.

Using that logic, when a region needed to be given away, I asked the ruler to cede it away himself, so that if I got banned as I suspected I would, I could just hop back with my region. But as it is, I can't seem to do it, and the game tells me I need to wait 2 weeks, which obviously the ban will not allow.

So what is the intended behavior?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Allegiance change question
« Reply #1: February 17, 2015, 06:06:17 PM »
I've seen quite a few times where a region or duchy swaps allegiance and the various nobles and regions move right back.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: February 17, 2015, 06:43:21 PM »
I've seen quite a few times where a region or duchy swaps allegiance and the various nobles and regions move right back.

Yes, so have I, and this is the intended behavior as far as I can tell. But in this case, it's not my duke that changed my allegiance, it's my ruler. Whatever code supercedes the restriction for the former does not seem functionnal for the latter.

If this could be fixed this turn, it'd be much appreciated.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: February 17, 2015, 11:34:34 PM »
Yes, so have I, and this is the intended behavior as far as I can tell. But in this case, it's not my duke that changed my allegiance, it's my ruler. Whatever code supercedes the restriction for the former does not seem functionnal for the latter.

If this could be fixed this turn, it'd be much appreciated.

I've seen a region be given by the ruler to a realm the region lord was banned in, and he switched it back the same turn.
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: February 18, 2015, 01:41:10 AM »
You cannot change allegiance after being in your realm less than 2 weeks.

To be clear, I'm trying to take my region back with me.

Vel_Aryon

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: September 27, 2019, 06:35:06 PM »
Can a knight join another realm if he is in the same region as one of the Lords of this realm?

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: September 27, 2019, 06:49:12 PM »
Yes, if that lord has open estates available.