Author Topic: Unable to embark in zones where the boarding time is more than 12 hours  (Read 2501 times)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
I currently see the following message:
With your current unit and/or entourage, it would cost 81 gold and take 13 hours to procure and board ships.
I though this meant a two-turn embarking time, but it seems I am forbidden to board a ship at all. Is this intended behaviour?
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Not by me, though I can't recall if Tom's commented on it.

It's just something I haven't gotten around to yet.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Not by me, though I can't recall if Tom's commented on it.

It's just something I haven't gotten around to yet.

OK, thanks. I'll figure out a way to work around it for now.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
I seem to recall that the inability to embark in certain areas with large troop units was, if not intentional, acceptable. It may not always be possible, for example, to find ships to carry 100 cavalry troopers in rural regions, or remote badlands. Especially in enemy territory. Doesn't seem to unrealistic to me.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I seem to recall that the inability to embark in certain areas with large troop units was, if not intentional, acceptable. It may not always be possible, for example, to find ships to carry 100 cavalry troopers in rural regions, or remote badlands. Especially in enemy territory. Doesn't seem to unrealistic to me.

Then it should say "you can't embark here," not "you can embark here if you have more hours than is physically possible (except for a priest)".
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
I'm ok with that change. Makes sense. And the inability to embark entire armies on a remote coastline in enemy territory makes good sense, too.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.