Author Topic: We need more platforms for player interaction  (Read 10118 times)

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Further I reject your suggestion that RP/Activity is the main driving force towards large realms. The economic and military advantages are the main forces encouraging large realms. Which realms become large is affected by activity, success and often geography, but those factors don't drive the growth to the same extent pure and simple IG power do.
I don't know man.
I'm pretty sure people keep joining Luria exactly because it has a lot of players in it active and willing to interact. While joining a smaller realm will clearly net less fun due to same reasons (lower player count = lower activity in channels)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Fissoa has always hovered dangerously low above the criticial mass. As soon as a few key people leave, much of what is going on can suddenly crumble. 18 nobles is still doable (hell, we've been down to 9 I think at one point) but clearly a spiral downward has started.

It sucks because there is little we seem to be able to do to change the situation of the realm, except for drastic measures. Perhaps we should sell Fissoa to Luria, found a religion around reclaiming the West and recruit characters with an adventurous spirit all over Dwilight to see if we can reclaim a harbour city somewhere from the monsters :)

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I don't know man.
I'm pretty sure people keep joining Luria exactly because it has a lot of players in it active and willing to interact. While joining a smaller realm will clearly net less fun due to same reasons (lower player count = lower activity in channels)

I love this bull!@#$. Luria has a lot of players because all the other realms on Dwilight currently are worse, not because it is actually decent.

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I love a person who can not see past his circular logic has the nerve to toss insults around.
Other realms are only worse because they have less players. There are no other objective reasons.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I love a person who can not see past his circular logic has the nerve to toss insults around.
Other realms are only worse because they have less players. There are no other objective reasons.

That's your assumption, not mine. :3

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
No !@#$, captain. :D It obviously is. Because I said it.
And showed how your own statement was fallacious. Your point?

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
No !@#$, captain. :D It obviously is. Because I said it.
And showed how your own statement was fallacious. Your point?

That your own statement was arrogant and condescending. I just decided to return the favor. :3

By the way, your statement being wrong does not disprove mine, as I did not say how the other realms were worse. I was actually referring to how the other realms were actively locking themselves into a war that was draining Dwilight of any kind of activity. Them being smaller is not necessarily a requirement. But please, do continue your prattling, I quite enjoy it when people try to sound smart.

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I love this bull!@#$. Luria has a lot of players because all the other realms on Dwilight currently are worse, not because it is actually decent.
That your own statement was arrogant and condescending. I just decided to return the favor. :3

By the way, your statement being wrong does not disprove mine, as I did not say how the other realms were worse.
You are really good at it.
I was actually referring to how the other realms were actively locking themselves into a war that was draining Dwilight of any kind of activity.
Wut? I don't understand you.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
this isn't going anywhere is it.  ::)

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Not any more, no.
The initial idea was still solid. :(

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Not any more, no.
The initial idea was still solid. :(
The purpose of your idea is solid. The problem truly does exist. I am not convinced that your idea is truly a solution. I would see alliance-wide groups used for orders being sent to the entire alliance and some other top people sending messages. Chit-chat I simply find unlikely in those channels because they arent common in large general purpose message groups IMO.

What I think is something more likely to cause more interaction is more events similar to tournaments that would be on a smaller scale. Tournaments I feel are often expected to be huge, time-consuming, and expensive so are underused. However when they are used chit chat happens, or for example D'hara is hosting a funeral and is having chit chat in the region with Lurians because there is a small event that is reason to chit chat and not having to be the official and purposeful reason that conversing with other realms, especially enemies, is usually reserved for.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Here is another idea:
Continent-wide announcements.
You have to be a Duke or higher to make one. It costs money to ensure every knight gets the message. Let's say 1 coin per noble currently on the continent, so 200-300 coins for most islands. And it is limited to one message per week.
This way realms could let the entire world know what's going on. High cost and high cooldown will ensure this is not used for banter but for important messages.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 05:13:33 PM by Constantine »

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Here is another idea:
Continent-wide announcements.
You have to be a Duke or higher to make one. It costs money to ensure every knight gets the message. Let's say 1 coin per noble currently on the continent, so 200-300 coins for most islands. And it is limited to one message per week.
This way realms could let the entire world know what's going on. High cost and high cooldown will ensure this is not used for banter but for important messages.
Care to share an example that realms would use it for. I also dont see it as something that fixes the issue of interaction.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
For example, "Let it be known that realm A declares war on realm B because so and so. Our cause is just because this and that." or "I, King of A, officially step down because so and so and plan to secede and do this and that." You know? The stuff that just happens and rank and file knights have no idea why if their top leaders are lazy/paranoid/uncaring/barely active (and they usually are).
Also a good platform for advertisement/recruitment of knights for specific causes (wars, reconquistas, etc.)