Author Topic: The solution to all our problems: Schyzophrenia!  (Read 6075 times)

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Back stories, points of interest, context for events that might occur later, establishing a character for the benefit of players rather then the benefit of characters.
Well, you're telling me how one can use it. I'm talking about how one can abuse it.
I just don't see the benefits outweighing aforementioned downsides.
It's kinda naive to suggest that people don't roleplay only because they can't have side characters.
Like I stated above, the fact that people will use such information means that people don't post it.
Don't see your point here, really.
People who don't roleplay because they are afraid of being metagamed which might lead to their character "losing" are half-hearted roleplayers to begin with.
You can't build a big community where no one metagames even the slightest. So there will always be a perfect excuse to not roleplay and pretend that it's someone else's fault.
Characters in BM are bland, this is especially true of characters that intent to get up to underhanded activities, as any HINT of such is jumped upon almost instantly.
You probably think people in RL are bland because they don't narrate their backgrounds and don't retell you their inner monologues.
If you are a backstabbing traitor of course you must keep it to yourself rather than warn every other player about upcoming devastating treachery and expect them to play along.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 04:34:10 AM by Constantine »