Author Topic: production by population?  (Read 2722 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
production by population?
« Topic Start: April 03, 2015, 03:51:18 PM »
This is a new one to me:

Production:   Thriving (98%/97% by pop)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: production by population?
« Reply #1: April 03, 2015, 03:53:26 PM »
Added it a while back. The "production by population" is, essentially, an indicator of whether civil work can do any good.

If you have a nominal population of 10,000, and a current population of 5,000, and your production is 50%, your production by population will be 100% (because all the people you've got are working). If, instead, your current production is 40%, your production by population will be 80%.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 03, 2015, 09:49:59 PM »
Very handy!
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 04, 2015, 02:52:34 AM »
Both of your examples give situations where production by population is higher than production, indicating that even though you aren't at full region production, the people you do have are working to their stated level. However, i have production by population lower than total production. This would seem to indicate that even though only 97% of my available people are working , we are generating 98% of the regions full productive output. I.e., my people are being more productive than they normally should be.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 04, 2015, 03:38:17 AM »
Both of your examples give situations where production by population is higher than production, indicating that even though you aren't at full region production, the people you do have are working to their stated level. However, i have production by population lower than total production. This would seem to indicate that even though only 97% of my available people are working , we are generating 98% of the regions full productive output. I.e., my people are being more productive than they normally should be.

No one has invested in the region lately?
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 04, 2015, 02:55:42 PM »
Nope. Maybe since civil work? Some buro work.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 04, 2015, 03:23:52 PM »
Is it on testing? I believe there are situations with Region Buffs that can cause production to go slightly above nominal.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 05, 2015, 03:51:08 PM »
Yes, it is on BT.