Author Topic: Equipment damage and Equipment quality  (Read 1768 times)

Zakilevo

Equipment damage and Equipment quality
« Topic Start: April 21, 2015, 03:55:37 AM »
I was thinking... to make low quality units more useful, how about reducing the hours and gold required to fix low equality equipment significantly?

Like if you are commanding 200 men of 30/30 and they have 100% equipment damage, maybe you can fix it all in 8 hours or so while you have 200 men of 80/80, it will take 32 hours?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Equipment damage and Equipment quality
« Reply #1: April 21, 2015, 04:09:27 AM »
Not sure if it should be quite that extreme, but that's a pretty good idea.

Actually, I wonder if it might not be reasonable to allow (very slow) automatic fixing of equipment damage below a certain quality, provided you're not doing too much to damage it. (Moving a lot, training a lot, fighting a lot, etc)
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Zakilevo

« Reply #2: April 21, 2015, 04:33:50 AM »
I mean no one uses low quality units anymore. If this turns out to be too extreme, you can tone it down later but I think it would be nice to encourage it first by making low quality units very viable first.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 21, 2015, 03:26:53 PM »
Isn't this already the case? Or is it only cost that varies with quality? Low quality equipment should definitely be quicker you repair.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.