Author Topic: Lions vs Tiramorans: the petty war of the South!  (Read 19409 times)

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Since the previous topic heading this board points at "Is Perdan Dying?", I felt the need to emphasise the efforts made by both Perdan and Vix Tiramora to avoid the gruesome death-by-boredom. Hence this topic, where participants or observers can chitchat about the war in the South.

To summarize this war: Vix and Perdan have each declared a region up for grabs (Woolton & Dimwood respectively). The war is set to last 90 days unless a party concedes before that. It's an entire maze of agreements and like-mindedness between the two realms, but the key idea here is that both realms realized that without war nobles (aka players) would abandon ship and we would die anyway. Besides, both realms also accuse larger realms such as Sirion to put a strain on the entire Island, inducing or even breeding boredom due to their sheer dominance and will to intervene in any conflict rather than making their own (and growing a pair!).

For the latter reason, Vix and Perdan have made it quite clear that no foreign intervention is acceptable. It should be noted very clearly here that this also stems, at least on a personal level, from the idea that war breeds more nobles, and other realms should not directly benefit from the efforts we put into this war. Ha, so suck it, rest of EC!

Now, about the war itself. The start was a bit sketchy, mostly because me and Zakky both had limited access over the weekend. War was declared nevertheless, though, and Perdan swiftly moved into Woolton and began a TO. Two very close and very, very bloody battles followed (which was great fun and is the essence of everything) and saw Perdan come out battered, bruised but with a phyrric victory! There's no better way to tell if your realms are an equal match than fighting such close battles. I believe it's fair to say that the majority of the players in both Perdan and Vix are happy with the provisionary results of this war and the prospects of the future. It seems that conflict between the two realms will not fade away for the foreseeable future, but due to shifting war goals, each war will have a different sound to it.

Now, this topic also serves as a major billboard for anyone who's looking for a fun war. Battles two regions away from both capitals? Check. Small realms with open communication? Check. Inclusion of all characters in the affairs of the realm? Check. A mutual dislike of larger realms such as Sirion? Check. Looking for fun, war and a chance to prove your worth? Perdan or Vix Tiramora is your destination!
Ardet nec consumitur.

Zakilevo

For those of you wondering:

War will last until July 19th. The realm with most TOed regions will keep the opponent's region (For Perdan - they will keep Woolton, For Vix it will be Dimwood). All other conquered regions will be returned.

I must say this war is very enjoyable. Members of both realms know that this won't lead to a total destruction so everyone seems to be relaxed.

Vix also put new people as marshals to help them get into the game better.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 08:25:48 PM by Lapallanch »

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Now now Fleugs, what a hatred towards poor old Sirion. The Ibladeshian 'cult' has truly dispersed.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Meh... You destroyed months worth of plans! You didn't bring war to the masses, you locked them out! Grrrr... >:[ We will have our revenge!
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Meh... You destroyed months worth of plans! You didn't bring war to the masses, you locked them out! Grrrr... >:[ We will have our revenge!

Except for the reality that months worth of plans had resulted in nothing so far but months of boredom for the continent. It might be exciting for the rulers and councils to bandy forth all these plots and plans, but it does nothing for the other 95% of the players that sit around wondering when something of note might occur.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I have the intention of letting the masses create their own war. I see plenty of duchies that are not yet independent! ;) But yes, closing this war for any other realm was intentional, as it is aimed at hoping the other realms will realize they need to stir things for themselves if war is what they want.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
It would be hilarious to have every other realm on the island barreling down on Perdan and Vix Tiramona now.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
It would be hilarious to have every other realm on the island barreling down on Perdan and Vix Tiramona now.

I'm not sure if "hilarious" is the word I would use.

More like "depressingly predictable."
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I doubt it would happen though tbh.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
I doubt it would happen though tbh.

Well it is pretty much standard on EC for any war to escalate to a continent wide one.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
That's true these days for any continent. Although I have the feeling there are some changes brewing here and there.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
The rest of EC getting involved would completely validate my ingame arguments. Arguments which are not privy to all East Continent rulers, perhaps. Arguments that state that the "old way" of EC is what is killing the island. And by extension the entire game, really. It's better to have several fluid, smaller wars than these large, boring, "let's travel a full week for one battle" wars. In short it's all about emancipating the smaller realms and encouraging dukes to emancipate their own duchy into a proper realm, because, as said before: more realms = more war! That's not necessarily true, I know, but I think it shows some people are at least trying to change things or do things differently.

Should any realm try to get involved manu militari, Vix and Perdan will stand as a stalwart alliance against these old ways! And on a sidenote, Perdan went from 13 nobles to 18 nobles in one week time. Some were characters being unpaused because there was a war, and De-Legro already announced his return a while ago and it was mostly a coincidence... but still.
Ardet nec consumitur.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
The rest of EC getting involved would completely validate my ingame arguments. Arguments which are not privy to all East Continent rulers, perhaps. Arguments that state that the "old way" of EC is what is killing the island. And by extension the entire game, really. It's better to have several fluid, smaller wars than these large, boring, "let's travel a full week for one battle" wars. In short it's all about emancipating the smaller realms and encouraging dukes to emancipate their own duchy into a proper realm, because, as said before: more realms = more war! That's not necessarily true, I know, but I think it shows some people are at least trying to change things or do things differently.

Should any realm try to get involved manu militari, Vix and Perdan will stand as a stalwart alliance against these old ways! And on a sidenote, Perdan went from 13 nobles to 18 nobles in one week time. Some were characters being unpaused because there was a war, and De-Legro already announced his return a while ago and it was mostly a coincidence... but still.

No no, I specifically returned to Perdan because of the current situation.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
I have the intention of letting the masses create their own war.

We intended to. We were about to start a war that would have involved three, or maybe four realms, which specifically would not have involved any realm dying, but would also have had some meaning to it. Wars without meaning are pretty boring. You have to have risk, or the game's no fun.

I see plenty of duchies that are not yet independent! ;) But yes, closing this war for any other realm was intentional, as it is aimed at hoping the other realms will realize they need to stir things for themselves if war is what they want.
You're implying that no one realizes this, or that no one is tryng to start something. However, no one wants to just jump in and start something, and suffer the resulting bull!@#$ gangbang, like happened on FEI.

If Fiona hadn't suicided, there would already be two more realms involved in the war. And no, it wouldn't be some realms trying to shoehorn their way into your war. It would be a war that more realms had been trying to set up and get started, that everyone had expected, and was looking forward to fighting.

Don't get me wrong here. It's great that you got your war started. EC definitely needs more war. But your assertion that everyone else had been sitting around picking their noses waiting for something to happen is so wrong it's ridiculous.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Don't get me wrong here. It's great that you got your war started. EC definitely needs more war. But your assertion that everyone else had been sitting around picking their noses waiting for something to happen is so wrong it's ridiculous.

It does highlight a common problem, though. This is hardly the first time someone has launched one plan assuming it was the only one going on, because he had no way of knowing about any others.

Not sure what the best way to deal with the problem is, but you can hardly blame Fleugs for not knowing that another war was being planned if all the planning was happening in channels his character had no access to.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan