Author Topic: Torture wars - Saliv's failure  (Read 7977 times)

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Torture wars - Saliv's failure
« Topic Start: April 22, 2015, 08:37:46 PM »
As we all know by now, torture is part of everyday life on the war islands. Well at least for Taselak and Sandalak it is. For now the Ikalakians seem to be best off. The reason for opening this topic, is because I wanted to share with everyone what happened yesterday. Aeneas, also known as the Lord Torturer of Taselak, was captured during a battle in Belus. Rumors had it that Saliv, torture master of Sandalak, was already selling tickets to his execution and who knows, perhaps even his torture. But fate showed its face and deemed it too early for the Lord Torturer to die. Without torture, without an attempt of execution, Aeneas managed to escape the Sandalakian dungeons.

I wonder, how is this viewed upon in Sandalak?
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Torture wars - Saliv's failure
« Reply #1: April 22, 2015, 08:40:32 PM »

I WANT MY MONEY BACK!
Ardet nec consumitur.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 22, 2015, 09:35:18 PM »
I was hoping for a good execution. :(
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 23, 2015, 12:09:01 AM »
As we all know by now, torture is part of everyday life on the war islands. Well at least for Taselak and Sandalak it is. For now the Ikalakians seem to be best off. The reason for opening this topic, is because I wanted to share with everyone what happened yesterday. Aeneas, also known as the Lord Torturer of Taselak, was captured during a battle in Belus. Rumors had it that Saliv, torture master of Sandalak, was already selling tickets to his execution and who knows, perhaps even his torture. But fate showed its face and deemed it too early for the Lord Torturer to die. Without torture, without an attempt of execution, Aeneas managed to escape the Sandalakian dungeons.

What do you mean? We all know escape occurs, and that it can happen before a Judge has the opportunity to do much. We are still pleased with the gold that the Taselak judge kept upon himself, particularly given how vocal he has been in proclaiming those that fall within his dungeon with riches to be complete fools. And then the manner of his capture still brings a chuckle to all. Perhaps the entire affair will have taught him to SCOUT ahead when entering a region that is on the front lines.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 23, 2015, 10:12:57 AM »
So nobody is pissed because Saliv let the Lord Torturer go? Of course we know game mechanic wise these things happen, but IC everybody ignores the RP opportunity here?

And the gold was meant to raise hell militia in Belus should Sandalak attack, whoops.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 23, 2015, 11:58:32 AM »
So nobody is pissed because Saliv let the Lord Torturer go? Of course we know game mechanic wise these things happen, but IC everybody ignores the RP opportunity here?

And the gold was meant to raise hell militia in Belus should Sandalak attack, whoops.

The game clearly tells us that the Lord Torture escaped, not that he was let go. I mean does Taselak get pissed everytime one of our hero's manages to use their Hero skills to escape? Besides ragging on Saliv is hardly the only, or even the most logical RP opportunity to arise from current events.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 23, 2015, 04:12:53 PM »
He escapes, however the game doesn't specify how and who helped him, which leaves a lot of opportunity to interpret and RP around it. Bitching at Saliv is indeed one option, there are others. And for most escapes it is confined to executing some guards etc, but should a high profile prisoner escape, then yes there will be a bit more turmoil. I know from an OOC point of view that none can influence this, but your chars don't. I'm not saying that Saliv should be kicked out. In fact, please don't, it's way too much fun this way. I am however saying that I was wondering if anything was done with it at all.

Everyone was already preparing for Aeneas' death, RP's written etc, but nothing is done when he escapes?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 23, 2015, 04:17:09 PM »
He escapes, however the game doesn't specify how and who helped him, which leaves a lot of opportunity to interpret and RP around it. Bitching at Saliv is indeed one option, there are others. And for most escapes it is confined to executing some guards etc, but should a high profile prisoner escape, then yes there will be a bit more turmoil. I know from an OOC point of view that none can influence this, but your chars don't. I'm not saying that Saliv should be kicked out. In fact, please don't, it's way too much fun this way. I am however saying that I was wondering if anything was done with it at all.

Everyone was already preparing for Aeneas' death, RP's written etc, but nothing is done when he escapes?

Perhaps you simply over estimated Aeneas's importance. I mean yes he does look hideous in a dress, but that is hardly a reason to kill the man.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: April 23, 2015, 04:31:33 PM »
I *dont* like to give a player hell over an event over which they have no control. That kind of thing is frustrating to me as a player, so i won't do it to someone else. Saliv did an rp about it, and a couple documents were made, but nobody is taking him to task over it. Perhaps on some other island, someone with an agenda might use it.  But in Sandalak, we try to avoid political crap.

Edit: Left out "don't". Ooops.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 04:44:35 PM by Indirik »
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: April 23, 2015, 04:34:33 PM »
I like to give a player hell over an event over which they have no control. That kind of thing is frustrating to me as a player, so i won't do it to someone else. Saliv did an rp about it, and a couple documents were made, but nobody is taking him to task over it. Perhaps on some other island, someone with an agenda might use it.  But in Sandalak, we try to avoid political crap.

This. People too often forget that just because you think it is a great RP topic, that the player involved doesn't see thing differently.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: April 23, 2015, 05:46:31 PM »
I *dont* like to give a player hell over an event over which they have no control. That kind of thing is frustrating to me as a player, so i won't do it to someone else. Saliv did an rp about it, and a couple documents were made, but nobody is taking him to task over it. Perhaps on some other island, someone with an agenda might use it.  But in Sandalak, we try to avoid political crap.

Edit: Left out "don't". Ooops.

And this is exactly an answer to my original question. Has Sandalak done something with it, well yes, the above. Again I'm not saying people should crucify him or anything, I was just wondering. In game there are many different versions of the truth, simply what one makes up. Lies can be spread, rumors made, who can still be based on events over which nobody has controll.

Zakilevo

« Reply #11: April 23, 2015, 09:48:07 PM »
I don't remember people reacting much to his escape.

We just tell each other how much we hate him but that is about it. We don't like him and will execute him when we capture him but his importance only stretches about that much. He is of no threat and if we kill him, he will simply be replaced by another judge to do the same work.

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: April 23, 2015, 10:32:52 PM »
Poor Gabanus asked the same question 4 times in a row in hopes of getting a different answer but he was invariably disappointed. :(

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: April 24, 2015, 09:55:59 AM »
I don't remember people reacting much to his escape.

We just tell each other how much we hate him but that is about it. We don't like him and will execute him when we capture him but his importance only stretches about that much. He is of no threat and if we kill him, he will simply be replaced by another judge to do the same work.

The question is, if you'll get an opportunity like that or Saliv gets executed first. I'm not sure though how many players would willingly have their chars take on such a role tbh. But thanks for the answer, this was honestly what I was curious about.

Poor Gabanus asked the same question 4 times in a row in hopes of getting a different answer but he was invariably disappointed. :(

No, ultimately I was satisfied by getting an answer to the question of what was being done :-) Was just my curiousity of how Sandalak would deal with this.

Zakilevo

« Reply #14: April 24, 2015, 08:00:58 PM »
You'd be surprised to find out how many people are willing to do what Saliv has done so far.

I think people really love torturing others. SADISTIC BASTARDS!