Author Topic: Sharing lords gold, whats up with that?  (Read 26733 times)

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: Sharing lords gold, whats up with that?
« Reply #75: June 12, 2011, 01:05:54 AM »
Ahaha~ More rumors, yay!

Well, what Vellos says is true...For only a few realms. *Hint: Treaties do sorta mean something-ish...Maybe*

egamma

« Reply #76: June 12, 2011, 02:29:33 AM »
The letter I found from 27 days ago said "1200 gold per 1000 bushels"--of course, you have to actually get the food to Nightmarch. I have enough trouble just traveling Paisly-Madina-Fissoa.

Out of curiosity, can bandits attack you while traveling? At sea? I've never had a bandit attack me and take my gold, and I've wondered if that was because of my sea route.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: June 13, 2011, 03:42:10 PM »
Out of curiosity, can bandits attack you while traveling?
Yes.

At sea?
Not sure. But probably.

Bandit attacks are driven by the amount of gold you are carrying. And possibly the number of soldiers you have.  Although if you have enough gold, they will attack you and kill your guards. Or try to.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Forbes Family

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: June 28, 2011, 05:05:18 PM »
I play the Banker of CE and find it next to impossible to keep track of where all of the food is at times.  If there were one feature I wish the Bankers had it would be to see the following:

1. Location of caravans with food on them
2. Destination of said caravan and ETA
3. How much food they are carrying.

I realize for some of the smaller realms they may not need such info but with over 20 regions it does become quite a fiasco to try and keep track of it all.

Forbes Family

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: June 28, 2011, 05:06:25 PM »
I play the Banker of CE and find it next to impossible to keep track of where all of the food is at times.  If there were one feature I wish the Bankers had it would be to see the following:

1. Location of caravans with food on them
2. Destination of said caravan and ETA
3. How much food they are carrying.

I realize for some of the smaller realms they may not need such info but with over 20 regions it does become quite a fiasco to try and keep track of it all.

This, or something like it, is actually on my TODO list.  It will become particularly important as ox carts are removed entirely and all food transfers that don't involve traders must use caravans.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Forbes Family

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: June 28, 2011, 05:28:11 PM »
This, or something like it, is actually on my TODO list.  It will become particularly important as ox carts are removed entirely and all food transfers that don't involve traders must use caravans.

That's great news! I think it would look great on a map.

One other feature I'd like to see is the ability for Bankers to know what regions caravans can reach. It should be common knowledge for the Banker.
Forbes Family

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: June 28, 2011, 05:33:48 PM »
That's great news! I think it would look great on a map.

One other feature I'd like to see is the ability for Bankers to know what regions caravans can reach. It should be common knowledge for the Banker.

There's some stuff in the works that should make this both easy and impressive.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan