Author Topic: Siege of Toren Stronghold  (Read 23817 times)

Zakilevo

Siege of Toren Stronghold
« Topic Start: May 07, 2015, 12:38:05 AM »
What a tide turner!

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Siege of Toren Stronghold
« Reply #1: May 07, 2015, 02:32:43 AM »
There was only, like, one round of melee! I should have lined up in FRONT!

But really, 53k vs 11k? Wow.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 07, 2015, 02:34:13 AM »
There was only, like, one round of melee! I should have lined up in FRONT!

But really, 53k vs 11k? Wow.

Well its not like Taselak were left many options in terms of re-enforcing.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Zakilevo

« Reply #3: May 07, 2015, 02:57:35 AM »
Only people in the front lost units. That's what you get for not following the line settings!

Anyway, it was a very quick battle. It was so quick Toren's fort didn't take much damage :o

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 07, 2015, 03:43:32 AM »
Only people in the front lost units. That's what you get for not following the line settings!

Anyway, it was a very quick battle. It was so quick Toren's fort didn't take much damage :o

One could argue that was a strategic mistake by Sandalak, handing a future enemy lvl 5 walls that need little maintenance.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 07, 2015, 04:37:12 AM »
One could argue that was a strategic mistake by Sandalak, handing a future enemy lvl 5 walls that need little maintenance.
It will make our inevitable victory that much more satisfying!

Anyway, I don't really understand why so many people think Toren stronghold is such a horrible location. it will be great for Ikalak. Too bad they don't really have the nobles to hold on both fronts. How the Tassels spread out after their realm dies will really affect the future course of the war.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 07, 2015, 09:02:08 AM »

People need to learn to listen to orders. Leaders giving out orders more than 1 time but still got people forget to follow, change accordingly. Sometimes this can cause a few surprises in battles especially closely fought ones.

What to do? Deal is a deal, if you catch my drift.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: May 07, 2015, 10:26:40 AM »
How the Tassels spread out after their realm dies will really affect the future course of the war.
The general consensus right now is to join Sandalak just to get revenge on Ikalak, despite the long bruiser match that we had in the beginning of the war.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: May 07, 2015, 01:14:44 PM »
People need to learn to listen to orders. Leaders giving out orders more than 1 time but still got people forget to follow, change accordingly. Sometimes this can cause a few surprises in battles especially closely fought ones.
What to do? Deal is a deal, if you catch my drift.

Had we been more restrained in our assault, the damage would have been far greater. Then again Ikalak has no shortage of gold, so in the long run it probably does not matter.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: May 07, 2015, 01:24:11 PM »
As a member of Sandalak I regularly protest in the realm against this course of action. We are more or less allying with infidels against infidels. Fanaticism clearly dictates all infidels must burn. Let's attack Ikalak!
Ardet nec consumitur.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: May 07, 2015, 02:25:28 PM »
As a member of Sandalak I regularly protest in the realm against this course of action. We are more or less allying with infidels against infidels. Fanaticism clearly dictates all infidels must burn. Let's attack Ikalak!

Yes, but it is fun watching infidels burn each other.

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: May 09, 2015, 07:43:26 AM »
>Ikalak

>win

HAH. The realm that wins will be the one that can get the most Taselakians to join it. I'm pretty blind to a lot of stuff, but Ikalak seems pretty craptastic when it comes to battles and "threatening" messages.
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: May 09, 2015, 11:47:01 AM »
Lets just hope the Tassels looking to be on the winning side again won't all join Sandalak leading to a roflstomp

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: May 09, 2015, 12:09:23 PM »
Lets just hope the Tassels looking to be on the winning side again won't all join Sandalak leading to a roflstomp

Actually I wouldn't mind this, just to get to an island reset.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: May 09, 2015, 02:04:57 PM »
I'm not quite sure how Ikakak still thinks it has a chance now. I can't imagine the Sandals are going to let them have Taselak City, which is their only hope of lasting longer than a month after Taselak is gone. And if they do not have the city, they will likely not have very many defectors (except Aeneas maybe :p). The rest will join Sandalak or disappear.

So we are looking at a scenario where Sandalak has two cities and close to 100 nobles, and Ikalak has a city, Toren, and maybe 50 nobles.

At least it'll be somewhat gratifying to turbo-crush the Ikkies :)