Author Topic: Siege of Toren Stronghold  (Read 23927 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Siege of Toren Stronghold
« Reply #15: May 09, 2015, 02:14:21 PM »
I'm not quite sure how Ikakak still thinks it has a chance now. I can't imagine the Sandals are going to let them have Taselak City, which is their only hope of lasting longer than a month after Taselak is gone. And if they do not have the city, they will likely not have very many defectors (except Aeneas maybe :p). The rest will join Sandalak or disappear.

So we are looking at a scenario where Sandalak has two cities and close to 100 nobles, and Ikalak has a city, Toren, and maybe 50 nobles.

At least it'll be somewhat gratifying to turbo-crush the Ikkies :)

I may recall incorrectly, but I believe by the terms of the agreement Ikalak does indeed get Taselak City.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: May 09, 2015, 02:19:03 PM »
Then you'd be the fools for honoring it ;)

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: May 09, 2015, 05:55:56 PM »
For once I agree with Sacha, they'd have to be beyond incompetent to let that happen.
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: May 09, 2015, 08:01:10 PM »
Then you'd be the fools for honoring it ;)
Or warriors looking for a good fight instead of an easy victory.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Hyral

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: May 10, 2015, 12:12:40 AM »
Or warriors looking for a good fight instead of an easy victory.

I'm only mostly joking when I say maybe they chose the wrong realm to kill off if they wanted a good fight instead of an easy victory : p

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: May 10, 2015, 04:35:51 AM »
I'm only mostly joking when I say maybe they chose the wrong realm to kill off if they wanted a good fight instead of an easy victory : p

What makes you think a choice was involved? There were not two separate opportunities to be weighed.

Clearkill

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: May 10, 2015, 04:57:02 AM »
What makes you think a choice was involved? There were not two separate opportunities to be weighed.

What makes you think a choice could not be involved? Regardless, I agree with Sandalak's choice. It'd be weird for them not to be pursuing the 2vTaselak.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: May 10, 2015, 05:00:51 AM »
god no more ooc 'gud fite' nonsense please

Clearkill

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: May 10, 2015, 05:28:21 AM »
god no more ooc 'gud fite' nonsense please

Kai, why do you have to be such a negative person? It was a good fight all around, in my opinion. From start to finish, both teams played excelently. I'm really honored to have been 'foes' of such an excellent group of people, and I'm really looking forward to the next map! Please add Toren back, this 2v1 thing has been so unfair.

The Red Foliot

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: May 10, 2015, 09:41:11 AM »
Harking back to the days of the War Island minigame, the best map was the four player one. The three player maps were more often than not resolved by two players beating up on the third, and when that was not the case, when there was a more or less even three-way standoff happening, each player would hunker down and the game would drag on interminably. That seems to be the state of affairs in any three way game. It's the strategically optimal way to play.

So in the future I think it would be better to have a four realm island, with one realm being at Toren Stronghold. Even though it's not the ideal place for a fourth realm to be, it would still improve the strategic dynamic.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: May 10, 2015, 01:01:49 PM »
I'm not quite sure how Ikakak still thinks it has a chance now. I can't imagine the Sandals are going to let them have Taselak City, which is their only hope of lasting longer than a month after Taselak is gone. And if they do not have the city, they will likely not have very many defectors (except Aeneas maybe :p). The rest will join Sandalak or disappear.

So we are looking at a scenario where Sandalak has two cities and close to 100 nobles, and Ikalak has a city, Toren, and maybe 50 nobles.

At least it'll be somewhat gratifying to turbo-crush the Ikkies :)

This!

At this point I think a majority of the Taselakians might actually simply pause their chars, or have them die in death duels if they get accepted. From those leaving, I expect the majority to go to Sandalak, except Aeneas for sure :p, not Maybe Sacha. Ikalak would have to pull some rare stunts to get the Taselakians to join them on a larger scale rather than just getting the Lord Torturer in.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: May 10, 2015, 01:08:25 PM »
This!

At this point I think a majority of the Taselakians might actually simply pause their chars, or have them die in death duels if they get accepted. From those leaving, I expect the majority to go to Sandalak, except Aeneas for sure :p, not Maybe Sacha. Ikalak would have to pull some rare stunts to get the Taselakians to join them on a larger scale rather than just getting the Lord Torturer in.

I would find it preferable if most did pause, but then that is signing them up for boredom until the island resets.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: May 10, 2015, 02:04:57 PM »
I would find it preferable if most did pause, but then that is signing them up for boredom until the island resets.

Just a tad less boring than a Sandalak vs Ikalak punch-up, I'd say :P

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: May 10, 2015, 02:05:36 PM »

It depends, it's not like it's your only char. Curious to see though how many Taselakians will actually turn, or will they even die? I mean Taselak City hasn't fallen yet and won't go as easily as Toren Stronghold did of course.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: May 10, 2015, 02:19:31 PM »
It depends, it's not like it's your only char. Curious to see though how many Taselakians will actually turn, or will they even die? I mean Taselak City hasn't fallen yet and won't go as easily as Toren Stronghold did of course.

Not their only character, but I would think you will find most people consider their War Island character to be the most enjoyable.